Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Blu-Ray drive for PSJailbreak?

Sponsored Links
    Do I need a Blu-Ray drive to run backups with PS3 jailbreak? I have found a few working PS3s on ebay without blu-ray drives for a reasonable amount of money and was thinking of buying a 2nd solely for backups.

Cheers.
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

Unfortunately you do need one, here is why:
    The reason to have a game inserted in the drive of the console is simply to emulate the loading process.

To load a backup game please insert any game into the drive (You can have any real PS3 game in the drive, but you must leave 1 game in the drive to access your 100's of backups. This ensures reliability in the game loading process). Now choose the game you would like to load with Backup Manager highlighted.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Unfortunately you do need one, here is why:
    The reason to have a game inserted in the drive of the console is simply to emulate the loading process.

To load a backup game please insert any game into the drive (You can have any real PS3 game in the drive, but you must leave 1 game in the drive to access your 100's of backups. This ensures reliability in the game loading process). Now choose the game you would like to load with Backup Manager highlighted.

Sponsored Links

PS3 with a faulty blu-ray drive with PSJailbreak?

Sponsored Links
    Sorry about the two similar postings but I clicked the mark best answer button without realising that it closed the thread.

[Register or Login to view links]

I have found another PS3 on ebay. This one says that it has a faulty Blu-Ray drive but menus still work and a game is still seen to exist and attempt to boot.

To the best of your knowledge, would this work with PSJailbreak?

Cheers.

I merged your thread and reopened this one, however, that I am not sure about. If the Blu-ray drive is faulty it doesn't sound like it will work, on the other hand if a game is still seen to exist then it might... I'd say that is a "try it and see" gamble really.

working bluray is a requirement.

Does the disc spin when a game loaded through PSJailbreak?

it would most likely spin at the start for like a couple of seconds and then once the emulating loading process is done, then it won't spin anymore. i assume anyway. that seems the most likely operation to me.
    Last edited by livpool; 08-26-2010 at 10:15 AM

I have problems with blu-ray too, and hope, when cheap or free jailbreak will come - it will work with my faulty blu-ray too. If not - I hope there will be CFW soon, and they will not need blu-ray working It's up to us to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    it would most likely spin at the start for like a couple of seconds and then once the emulating loading process is done, then it won't spin anymore. i assume anyway. that seems the most likely operation to me.
    i agree with this. this scenario also reminds me of the early psp days when a umd was required to be in the drive for devhook to work. hopefully the ps3 would follow step and eventually not require it.

but i suspect such things will be in coming months, as if we really think about it, the original hack (in the form of psjailbreak) is not even widely available yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News