Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Blu-ray Controller Board Issue

Sponsored Links
    Ok, I'm the one, who is having problems with Blu-Ray. I'll brief what I have.

1. PS3 60GB PAL
    2. Disks spin, laser come up
    3. No "bubble", not read anything
    4. Demos and PlayStation Home neither work.

As I've read, it could be problem with controller board or nand memory, but I don't have opportunity and finances to buy new one. I wonder If someone had similar problem and managed to fix it.

Discs load and spin so it's not IC chip. I checked cabels and inputs - they are OK. But I see no "buble" or some kind of activity after loading. And I also don't see somthing fired or cracked on controller board. What problem It could be?

I've heard, that If the controller board is faulty I couldn't even do updates, I'll get an Error. So, I recently did an Update, and I got errors, but after 3 or 4 times of looping, I reconnected BD-drive and fixed ribbon on the motherboard with piece of carton (I've broken that clamp), and Update installed. Maybe it installs even when nand memory is faulty, but I don't know.

I hope that recent PSJailbreak will be avaible free or with low fee soon, and It will not be needed Blu-Ray drive. I'll also play with ribbon, but I don't think it would help.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, maybe It's very weird problem. I have another question: will PS3 load demos/Home when controller board is connected to PS3, but detached from drive? Could someone try it please? Maybe I just need to replace laser...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ExMachinaRus View Post
    will PS3 load demos/Home when controller board is connected to PS3, but detached from drive?
    I believe it will, but I can't say I've tried it personally. If anyone else has tried, please reply and I will +Rep ya.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News