Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I agree its looking like something on the PS3 is screwed up. do you have access to another ps3 that you can pop that drive in and see if it formats it then? because I think unless the internal drive is working you will never be able to update because it needs to extract the PUP to the drive, then install it from there, as you probably know.

Also I find having my hdmi and the Av lead plugged in and using PIP helps some times when you think you have a blank screen when you haven't its just dropped out to the over output. With the blue screen it maybe something to do with your TV holding the last frame of video before it switches outputs in your case maybe blue. Mine is green or the last frame of TV if I remove the antenna. just a silly thought

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I will confirm that it's not the HDMI port that is having issue. You keep on saying "stop formatting the PS3 drive, format the flash drive." I have low leveled the PS3 drive and formatted it as FAT32 several times. I have ALSO formatted the flash drive and I have also tried using other flash drive. If I did not make that clear, that should clear what I have been doing up. Can the PS3 read an update file from an SD card? If so, I will try updating it via that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why? when I said don't format it, let the ps3 do it. as it formats it anyway and creates its own partition with its own variant of fat32.

Yes you can install from SD card and CD disk as wel. But you have to have a working drive 1st. Have you set the ps3 to system defaults before started,because I always do that before I install firmware and I never have any of the problems others have, so try that as well.

Just an update. I was transferring files from one PS3 to another PS3, and I needed to spoof to 3.56 on one of them. I finished what I was doing and then reset it back to 3.55 and changed my rebug setting from retail to rebug again, but after reset I got the red screen with white writing.

I then went to install the firmware again as this is not the 1st time I have had this happen, and the ps3 said it was not the right hard drive and it can not access it, then the ps3 would not reset, so i removed the power and now I had a BLUE SCREEN on power up, I did try a number of things before I fitted both video leads and used PIP.
    Now no more blue screen.

I managed to install the firmware again up to 70% and then it said the drive corrupt and can not be formatted, as we know we need the drive for the update to install from.

I know not to wast my time with windows, and could not be bothered to start a Linux disk tools distro, So I put the drive in the other ps3 and let it format it, and now it works again.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 05-22-2011 at 12:12 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When the PS3 formats the drive, it typically fails at 2-4%. I haven't tried viewing the video via the PIP yet. Being that I don't have a second PS3 to do the formatting, what do you propose I do?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowers View Post
    what do you propose I do?
    Unless there is a way of updating your ps3 without it needing to use the hard drive as its install path after extraction, then you have to look at a jig. Its not your drive I now believe, its because the system can not write or create its own partition to that drive to use for its update, maybe because of a screwed firmware install.

Aside from a jig, are there any methods I can read about to change the path of execution?

it looks like removing the battery worked on some of the ps3's that's had this issue but that was back in 2008.

I have read that it can come and go just as quick as it started., which explains why mine did it and then it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by daveshooter View Post
    it looks like removing the battery worked on some of the ps3's that's had this issue but that was back in 2008.

I have read that it can come and go just as quick as it started., which explains why mine did it and then it went away.
    I've already removed the CMOS battery. It's looking more and more like I need to order an E3 reader or an equivalent.

I noticed a few posts back that you said you were formatting the drive FAT32 before trying it in your PS3. Have you tried it with no formatting at all? Just a straight raw disk? I am starting to think that you may need to try a downgrade/upgrade, but I would try absolutely everything else before that. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowers View Post
    I've already removed the CMOS battery. It's looking more and more like I need to order an E3 reader or an equivalent.
    Sadly I agree. I now have the same again on that ps3, so it does come and go like i read. Like yourself I need a E3, so for now that one will have to take a back seat.

until i read what still works on jailbreak/jig like phones and so on, as I know a friend will have something if not myself. You may have something yourself lying around. But don't worry we are not the 1st Nor will we be the last, since reading lots of threads this has been around some time and it seems a Jig will fix it.

All the best on this, When i resolve it i will let you know, and you us please.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News