Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] blackcat usb help

Sponsored Links
    i have what would be a newbie question, but i would like to know that after i do theblackat usb load do i have to keep the blackcat usb always plugged in or once i load the file and backup manager i can remove the blackcat for good.

i have more than 1 ps3 in house and woul dlike to know if i need a blackcat ofr every ps3 i have in order to do the external hdd loading for games.

thnak to all that reply in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well it can be removed when running but if you reboot you will need to have it activated again else it wont work, no permanent fix yet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi, from my understanding the hack requires the USB to be connected to the ps3 whenever you want to boot a "backed up" game, i would advise you to buy one for each but that is asuming they are in use at the same time, if not than you can always transfer the USB from one to the other.

i am having absolutely no luck with my blackcat usb. luckily i ordered the xplain as a backup and it worked in two seconds.
    Last edited by sid4975; 09-06-2010 at 12:06 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by l00n3 View Post
    Hi, from my understanding the hack requires the USB to be connected to the ps3 whenever you want to boot a "backed up" game, i would advise you to buy one for each but that is asuming they are in use at the same time, if not than you can always transfer the USB from one to the other.
    are you sure? as i understood it was some code in the original "hack, jailbreak" that triggered some panic shutdown on the ps3, and with the release of psgroove they removed that specific command to send the panic command.
    not sure tho gonna look it up

ok found it http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ed-112277.html

"PSGroove is an open-source reimplementation of the PSJailBreak exploit for AT90USB and related microcontrollers.

The PSGroove for now allows the very same features as the PSJailBreak but without backup manager support, you can also now remove the dongle.

The original PSJailbreak dongle had a patch that would trigger the lv1 panic hypercall if the dongle wasn't in the list of connected devices."

but i'm not sure if it works on all kinda chipsets, but i would guess so
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-06-2010 at 07:50 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm having trouble getting my blackcat v. 1.6 to install. It keeps coming up as unknown device and wont accept the flip driver. It is in DFU mode. I'm on win 7 x64. I tried the xp virtual machine but it doesn't give me the option to attach the device so I can install the driver. Is there another option? Could I install this on a mac? (I haven't seen any mac instructions) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News