Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Best way to hook up equipment?

Sponsored Links
    In my home theater I have the following source equipment:

HD TiVO
    Xbox 360
    Blu-ray player (it was purchased before the PS3, and I keep it in my system because it integrates better with my Harmony remote)
    PS3

Unfortunately, my receiver (Onkyo TX-SR705) has only 3 HDMI inputs and my Mitsubishi 1080p projector only has one. It does have a DVI input, however.

In order to get the highest quality signal on every source, my connection preference would be: Xbox, PS3 and Blu-ray to the receiver via HDMI, and TiVo to the DVI input plus optical digital audio to the receiver; however, I have been unable to get the TiVo to sync to the DVI input with a standard HDMI->DVI cable. So currently I have the TiVo connected to the receiver via component video, which then upconverts it to 1080p and sends it to the projector. This is less than ideal because the digital signal is being converted to analog and then back to digital.

The reason I don't want to use the DVI input for one of the other sources is that I will lose the potential TrueHD sound from these sources; however, I'm not sure that it will make a difference for the PS3 or the Xbox (that is, using audio over HDMI vs. a separate optical audio connection).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    use this it will solve all your problems
    [Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by shummyr; 05-01-2009 at 02:00 AM

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News