Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] BD drive replacement

Sponsored Links
    One of my co-workers has a PS3 that has gotten the yellow light of death. After exhausting every possible method to fix the system, it still refuses to work.

Now, I on the other hand, have a PS3 that boots up just fine, the only problem with the system is that it will not load any disc whatsoever. The loading icon appears in the upper right, but continues to sit there.

We've opened the Blu-Ray drive up to find that the motor is dead, the disc won't even spin.

Now, for the question.

We thought that maybe if we swap the BD Drive from the YLoD PS3 into my old PS3 (one with the dead BD drive) and swapping the drives out. Would this work or are there any security features that we need to be aware of?

Thanks for any assistance.
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

You can only swap the lasers, not the drives themselves as they are tied to the PS3. Do a search as there are many other posts that cover this in detail, including how-to guides.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can only swap the lasers, not the drives themselves as they are tied to the PS3. Do a search as there are many other posts that cover this in detail, including how-to guides.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News