Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Backup PS3 Harddrive CFW and OFW stuff help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all,

I had 3.55 kmeaw running. About a year ago, my daughter updated. Ah, can't really blame her, I should have used a spoof. You live and learn... Now I've decided to finally downgrade. In fact, I'd like to dual boot. My E3 is on route.

Is there a way that I can backup all the cfw stuff, or remove it from the drive completely and apply it to a new drive and make that drive bootable? So i have a cfw and an ofw Drive. I'm just trying to avoid installing a ton of games and .pkg files all over again, plus saved games, etc (do I lose trophies here)

Thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by windrider42:

If you have another spare drive yes. What you do is use your spare drive to get to CFW. Then you will have another drive for OFW. Make sure the CFW drive is the same CFW as your old drive.

Then once you are set up for dual boot. You can swap the two CFW drives. Then copy everything using ftp to your pc or an external drive using multiman. Load up the CFW hdd you want to continue with and then just copy back.

I use a couple CFW disks myself on Dual boot.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you have another spare drive yes. What you do is use your spare drive to get to CFW. Then you will have another drive for OFW. Make sure the CFW drive is the same CFW as your old drive.

Then once you are set up for dual boot. You can swap the two CFW drives. Then copy everything using ftp to your pc or an external drive using multiman. Load up the CFW hdd you want to continue with and then just copy back.

I use a couple CFW disks myself on Dual boot.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Brilliant! Thanks

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News