Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Backup Manager v2 game path?

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. And I've seen many people saying different things.
    It concerns FTP'ing games to your Internal PS3 hd.

Now... from what I understand, the 'old' BM required you to put your games in the dev_hdd0/games/LAUN12345/GAMEZ folder.

And I've seen some people saying that new or different versions of BM require that you put your game in dev_hdd0/GAMEZ or dev_hdd0/GAMES, while others say to create the LAUN12345 folder if its not there.

I have tried all of these and I still cannot manage to get my game to appear in my Backup Manager! Am I missing something so simple? Please help me if you can!

~Yes I'm a newbie, but I am learning!

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Worth checking if you haven't already: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...dd-113474.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The best way to aviod future problems with particular games is to remove any previous versions of backup Manager first, copy out your backed games if yoy don't have them already elsewhere then first install the new backup manager and let it create it's own "default" backup folder rather than creating that folder in advance manually via FTP. After that copy over your games or back them up again from your originals and you should be fine.

Currently - there is a bit chaos as which backup manager uses which folder(s) to store games as so many different version are being created and posted all the time.

The most common are those you've mentioned already but you should be able to find the right folder once you'll install the new manager

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm using backup manager V2 and the games are in for example:

/dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/BLES00667/PS3_GAME

Where BLES00667 is the game ID so the title is automatically resolved.

If you don't mind I will restate my problem. Using a version of BM that, when viewing the directories of my PS3 with Filezilla, I do not find any folder called LAUN12345.

I've done this before with BM v1 and I did have the LAUN12345 folder. So with this different BM, where am I supposed to backup the game folder? How is one supposed to know where to put the game folder once a new Backup Manager version comes out?
    Is there an alternative to all of this? I appreciated your answers and the link but I wasn't able to find the answer I'm looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    The best way to aviod future problems with particular games is to remove any previous versions of backup Manager first, copy out your backed games if yoy don't have them already elsewhere then first install the new backup manager and let it create it's own "default" backup folder rather than creating that folder in advance manually via FTP. After that copy over your games or back them up again from your originals and you should be fine.

Currently - there is a bit chaos as which backup manager uses which folder(s) to store games as so many different version are being created and posted all the time.

The most common are those you've mentioned already but you should be able to find the right folder once you'll install the new manager
    Thanks for your detailed answer but a few questions.

1) Where am I supposed to find this "default" folder?
    2) How am I supposed to find the "right folder" once I install the new manager?

Is this all done through guesswork or is there a method?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mythirdeye; 10-03-2010 at 01:43 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Worth checking if you haven't already: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...dd-113474.html
    If you would have checked this out you would see that there are 4 default folders. So when you install your backup manager, look for any of these on your PS3 with FTP.

dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ

dev_hdd0/GAMEZ

dev_hdd0/GAMES

dev_hdd0/game/OMAN46756/GAMEZ

whichever one you find is your 'default directory'

Yes I got that much. But what if it is the case, and it is, that I don't have any of these directories?
    I also tried creating these directories and that also did not work - I could not manage to get any backup to appear in my backup manager.

I am using the Tekken Backup Manager with the Hermes Olimex hex. Please help.

When I look in my directory under hdd0/games/ and I only find some BCUS..., BLUS..., FTPD..., NPIA..., NPJB..., and NPUB...
    '...' being the corresponding numbers that follow. I also do not find any GAMES or GAMEZ folder in the hdd0/ directory.

Am I supposed to create a new directory here?

Anyone?
    Really how is one to figure out which directory to place games for each bm that is available?
    Just trial and error?
    Last edited by mythirdeye; 10-04-2010 at 11:23 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News