Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] backup manager - Incorrect mapping of controls in Just Cause 2

Sponsored Links
    Hi all,

I have an Asian PS3 (I bought it while living in Asia) and have tried to run the European release of JC2. The mapping of the keys is all wrong. To press O when asked i have to press both O and X on the controller. In the first mission i'm asked to open my parachute by pressing X but no button nor combination of buttons appears to work.

Too often companies do this to us poor Asia dwellers, they don't test it on and Asian console and controller problems persist. Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption was a recent big one with this problem.

I need to be able to apply the update to correct this controller issue. I have read that some updates do install, such as the one for Heavy Rain. Obviously I can't go online to download it as I'd need to update the firmware. So does anyone know if the JC2 update can be applied and where to obtain it? The current state of the game is just unplayable on an Asian console.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Since it is a "backup" you can always run it from the original disc with updates and all...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    In the PS3 Hack section (can't find it right now though) was a several posts regarding updating the JB games - basically you'd need to download the update via PC (proxy) first and follow the procedure how to transfer it to your PS3 and "install". I'll try to find some of the posts or maybe someone more in know will point you more exactly to this.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    In the PS3 Hack section (can't find it right now though) was a several posts regarding updating the JB games
    Possibly this thread you are referring to: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...es-112967.html

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Possibly this thread you are referring to: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...es-112967.html
    Yes - that's the one I've had in mind - thanks!

Thanks GrandpaHomer and PS3 News - I will have to see how I go with this. Being that I am on OS X this proxy program needs windows. So will have to do some stuff before I can get that working. Appreciate the help there and rep added

SwedishGojira - Not that simple. From all reports I have read you are meant to clear all game data for backups, or at least most. So say John Doe formats his hard drive to start fresh or installs a larger drive he is in a bit of trouble as he can't update, actual game disc in hand or not as there is no PSN.

I'm not going to claim I own this game, however, I could ask the same question for another game that I do own, Red Dead Redemption. It needs the update to fix the control problem. Thanks to the great help of these members I can now know that v1.04 of RDR works through that method and can go ahead trying it in BM. I was hesitant doing so for the control reasons.

well unfortunately the download manager won't install the update. It downloads, once finished i try the update again the PS3 finds the completed download and tries to install it but comes away with an error. This probably won't be fixed by a future version of the program but will hope for that anyway. thanks again for replies guys
    Last edited by WKL; 09-28-2010 at 12:03 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News