[Answered] Backup Manager 2 unsupported data error 80028F14?

Hi,

I recently installed open manager 2.1H, everything ok then tried to launch a game from my previously installed Backup manager 2
    and since then backup manager shows as unsupported data and when i tried to launch it error 80028F14 happens.

Help please.

Thx

Try deleting all traces of back up manager and reinstall a fresh version and try like that, otherwise stick to GAIA MANAGER.

This is gonna seem like a silly suggestion, but I get a similar error if I don't enable the JB at boot, and then try and open Gaia, or the /app/home link for some reason. You sure the JB has worked? :-D

well yes i can remove backup manager but i dont want to loose my games, how can i be sure that reinstalling will not erase all the games, other than backup up the whole folder about 90 Gb on my pc which takes way too long.

Yes my JB work cause i can use open manager and launch a game, just the backup manager 2 seems corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by zeromx View Post
    Try deleting all traces of back up manager and reinstall a fresh version and try like that, otherwise stick to GAIA MANAGER.
    i tried deleting all the traces and it seemed to work for me but that's with the same version of backup manager, i was wondering if there is a newer version out there and if so what would be the benefits?

I realize this post is a little old but just in case anyone stumbles upon it with the same question, I am answering.

Simply move all the backed up games into a different folder.

For instance, if the gamez are in /hdd0/games/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/ you will use a file manager to move them to /hdd0/GAMEZ/ then remove the backup manager completely and when u re-install it, answer yes when it asks if u want to use /hdd0/GAMEZ/ you say yes.

It may ask if you want to use a diff folder first, simply say no until u see /hdd0/GAMEZ/ and after that, your backups will be safe from being deleted because they are no longer stored in the backup managers folder.
    Last edited by Typo; 11-25-2010 at 10:45 PM