Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Backing up with patches?

Sponsored Links
    If i own a game that i like have like Heavy rain, and install the content thats required and all the patches that are availble, then can i backup the game and will it will be playable with all the patches or DLC?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you backup your game and run it from the HardDrive you will still get access to whatever patches and DLC you had before as these are stored in the GameData folder which is left untouched.

If you need to want to update again use this tutorial here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...es-112967.html
    Last edited by AlmightyDon; 10-02-2010 at 09:27 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyDon View Post
    If you backup your game and run it from the HardDrive you will still get access to whatever patches and DLC you had before as these are stored in the GameData folder which is left untouched.
    Are you sure about that - have you actually tried that on your own? I'm afraid quite a lot of games might not work like that (if not all).

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Are you sure about that - have you actually tried that on your own? I'm afraid quite alot of games might not work like that (if not all).
    In fact you're right. I just tried it again. I must have loaded from the disc when I posted a minute ago. Sorry for any confusion.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News