Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Anyone know if a universal remote works with PS3?

Sponsored Links
    As the title states, I am looking for a universal remote that will play nice with my PS3. Just moved house and got all my toys hooked up properly and would like to just have 1 remote for media.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey, i have a harmony 520 (logitech) that works. You need a IR usb adaptor to plug into your PS3, as the ps3 does not use IR technology. Hope that helps .

You can even get one which controls the power to the ps3, cant remember the site where i got mine, but it is to do with the IR adaptor. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I do like the harmony, but i'd rather not use an IR adaptor if I don't have to (few enough USB ports and too many toys!)

It would have to have bluetooth then - otherwise your SOL.

As far as i know, their isnt any bluetooth universal remotes available. Maybe give it another year or so and perhaps maybe TV's and other devices might catch on to what the ps3 has.

However, i do remember reading an article which a guy had turned his ps3 bluetooth remote into a IR receiver. I dont think anything eventuated as far as mass production with this item.

Thanks Darkarchon. Any linkies to the article? I guess I'll just need to be patient. What annoys me is I've just got a new Bravia and it doesn't even play nice. The Bravia remote doesn't even play nice with my Sony amp

Browsing the internet, i came across this universal remote. It claims that it is compatible with the ps3.

[Register or Login to view links]

got me all excited... it's just ps2 so still IR

The best solution at the moment is the IR2BT ([Register or Login to view links])

I have a Harmony one remote and it works beautifully with that. It is easy and simple to setup, since the device is registered at the logitech hardware database.

Wow this looks excellent. Just surfing their forums now to see if anyone has any difficulties with setups.

Thanks Zakkaz!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News