Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well you can start to expect bluetooth remotes to start popping up. I know many high end HD tv's have bluetooth built in to them.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by pacific808 View Post
    Well you can start to expect bluetooth remotes to start popping up. I know many high end HD tv's have bluetooth built in to them.
    The problem is that neither philips or Logitech have shown any indication of adding BT capabilities to their line ups.

In the first place it is really odd that Sony opted to not include an IR sensor in PS3. An IR chipset costs next to nothing and would allow people with universal remotes to use their system.

Yes, BT is superior to IR and will probably replace IR within the next 5 years - but when 99.99% of the worlds electronic equipment still uses IR today - it would have been nice of Sony to either add the capabilities in the first place or at least produce something similar to IR2BT from the start.

Remember, that the PS3 (besides being a nice game console) also is one of the bluray machines on the market. A lot of home theater enthusiasts mainly buys the machine for its bluray capabilities and those folks often spends a lot of time on programming and setting up Universal remotes for their systems (myself being one of them ).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by zakkaz View Post
    Remember, that the PS3 (besides being a nice game console) also is one of the bluray machines on the market. A lot of home theater enthusiasts mainly buys the machine for its bluray capabilities and those folks often spends a lot of time on programming and setting up Universal remotes for their systems (myself being one of them ).
    it's the price we pay for being leading edge!

Quote Originally Posted by zakkaz View Post
    In the first place it is really odd that Sony opted to not include an IR sensor in PS3. An IR chipset costs next to nothing and would allow people with universal remotes to use their system.
    Probably due to them being technology snobs and "knowing that BT is superior". Or, realizing that the thing costs them more to make than their sales price...

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News