Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Any news on PS3 ISO Loader?

Sponsored Links
    hi guys,

just got my ps3 and was woundering is there any news on an ISO Loader for it? I have one on my DS which is great and I heard rumors of one on the PS3 any ideas?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I wouldn't expect a PS3 "ISO" Loader for quite awhile... considering that even PS3 Devs with TEST/Debug consoles (which can run unsigned code) haven't got ISO files running yet, only extracted and patched game images from SD/HDD thus far.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    oh ok, so load the games straight onto the HDD and play them from there is that it? Just trying to find the games is a problem!

Don't worry about the games, I'm sure that by the time ps3 gets unlocked there will be many games to download on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jerden View Post
    oh ok, so load the games straight onto the HDD and play them from there is that it? Just trying to find the games is a problem!
    PS3 WONT play isos. Games are not the problem you can find rips of virtually every single game out for ps3.

Wink Question...

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    I wouldn't expect a PS3 "ISO" Loader for quite awhile... considering that even PS3 Devs with TEST/Debug consoles (which can run unsigned code) haven't got ISO files running yet, only extracted and patched game images from SD/HDD thus far.
    What do you think about running TEST/Debug firmware in retail consoles, some peoples tell this is not possible, but itīs really sure? Whatīs the hardware diferrence of Test/debug consoles from normal retail consoles ?

I hope your concern about this..

There is no hardware difference- at all... this has been stated many times in the Site News. The resident PS3 Devs are working on it, but it's an ongoing project among others so only time will tell if/when they succeed.

No offense but this is one of the most newbiest thread i have ever seen, do you people not read other threads...

This guy deserves a medal or something at least.

I was wondering why are devs so bent on dissecting the ps3 firmware in order to make an iso loader / homebrew like the psp? As in the past ALL other consoles have some sort of chip that allowed them to play backups burnt onto a disc.

Couldn't ps3 also have the same or is the ps3 firmware a limiting factor in this special case?

Regarding a "chip" the PS3 has the hypervisor, which acts as "big brother" to everything in and out of the PS3... so mod-chips of the past just are not an option (except for Infectus, used solely to backup the PS3 flash).

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News