Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [UnAnswered] Any fix for "Setting information is corrupted" loop error?

Sponsored Links
    Keep getting Blue Screen "Setting information is corrupted. Press the x button to repair and restore default". I try that but it keeps looping. I tried 2 different HD's and still nothing. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try ringing the sony careline make sure you have your serial number:

Sony PlayStation Careline - 08705 99 88 77 (National Rate)
    Network Gaming Careline - 0870 242 2299 (National Rate)

Both lines are open from 8am - 10pm Monday-Friday and 10am - 6pm Weekends and Bank Holidays.

if you find a result post it as some others have had the same problem
    good luck

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by darksector26 View Post
    try ringing the sony careline make sure you have your serial number:

Sony PlayStation Careline - 08705 99 88 77 (National Rate)
    Network Gaming Careline - 0870 242 2299 (National Rate)

Both lines are open from 8am - 10pm Monday-Friday and 10am - 6pm Weekends and Bank Holidays.

if you find a result post it as some others have had the same problem
    good luck
    Already tried that too. except I dialed the 1-800# here in the states. All they said was to send it in for $150 repair since it's out of warranty.

does this happen when you turn on or is it only when you choose a feature e.g. music

are you able to get to the restore to default option? if not i will have to do some research and get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by darksector26 View Post
    does this happen when you turn on or is it only when you choose a feature e.g. music

are you able to get to the restore to default option? if not i will have to do some research and get back to you
    This error happens after the hard drive is formatted. Every time I've tried and again 2 , No make that 3 HD's I've tried. I know it's not the hard drives because I'm using one of them right now in another PS3. I can't even get into the menu system. Plus just in case you ask, there is no signs that the PS3 was taken apart or modded. Thanks for your help so far.

Anyone else have any info on this error and how to get rid of it?

Plug the drive into a PC and use something like GParted to clear off any partition information. Then let the PS3 work it's magic. Someone I know had the same problem when upgrading their drive as it had been used in a laptop previously.

i have the same problem.. its the motherboard. it could have been the firmware or a bad save when the problem happened, i dont have a warranty and its voided or i will pay the 150.

i don't know if this will work, but try to put a new firmware on a memory card and make a new install that way.. or maybe you have to wait for a new firmware to come out.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News