Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Adhesive after thermal paste to reattach IHS help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello, I have changed the thermal paste to prevent ylod. I also removed the Heat spreader (IHS) over the RSX chip and changed the thermal paste there, but The chip had adhesive on the 4 corners. After cleaning up I just applied thermal paste to the 4 corners and the center before replacing IHS. The IHS does not seem secure though.

It would not fall off but it slides, sooooo... Does everyone use the thermal paste like I did or do you use some kind of adhesive on the corners to secure IHS. (I already put it back together and its running great but I plan on doing this)
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

The adhesive is just to keep the heat spreader from coming off when you take it apart. I do glue them back down but it doesnt matter if you do or dont. thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The adhesive is just to keep the heat spreader from coming off when you take it apart. I do glue them back down but it doesnt matter if you do or dont. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News