Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] About Firmware Update On PS3 From 3.40 to 3.41?

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I'm kinda new to PS3 scene. Just got my PS3 yesterday. I noticed I had Firmware Ver 3.40.

I got the unit in Malaysia (South-East Asia), I read thru some forums on how to update it to 3.41

Some guys warned that I need to make sure to use the correct Firmware from a specific region (so far I noticed it's either US or EUR version). I've downloaded it from each region.

The question is that, am I to use the Asian Region of 3.41 (If there is) or any of this firmware will do. The unit I have is the CECH-2506B (320Gig - Slim).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by zmcnmf; 10-05-2010 at 02:43 AM
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

As you can imagine, this has been asked countless times... to answer though: you can use any region PS3 Firmware to update your PlayStation 3 as the .PUP files all have the same MD5 hash and are not region-specific.

We (and other sites) post them as US/EU during updates because the .PUP is being pulled from localized servers so if you were in the US you would likely get better speed using a US link vs EU, etc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As you can imagine, this has been asked countless times... to answer though: you can use any region PS3 Firmware to update your PlayStation 3 as the .PUP files all have the same MD5 hash and are not region-specific.

We (and other sites) post them as US/EU during updates because the .PUP is being pulled from localized servers so if you were in the US you would likely get better speed using a US link vs EU, etc.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News