Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] 60gb ps3's fan not running fast which makes it turn off?

Sponsored Links
    why?!! the fan just doesnt ever make a sound (yes its on) and eventually after about an hour or 2 it just cant take the inadequate cooling and starts flashing red and i have to let it cool down.

is there any sensors that might have messed up or the fan is messed or something?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is indeed heat sensor - maybe it has died ..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if there is such a sensor, where is it so i can fix it?

Have you opened up the PS3 to check for dust?

Easiest fix for you to do is go and buy one of those clip-on or attachable USB powered fans for the ps3.

that should provide double intake and exhaust throughout the unit.. my 60gb doesn't do that [yet], but I'm definitely sure that's a thermal sensor

if i knew where the sensor is i could check it - lame. so nobody knows?

the thermal protect/heat sensors are on various components throughout the motherboard - that's common sense.

They are usually internal and built-in the CELL/RSX/EE since an external sensor would not be anywhere near as accurate. Those give the fan speed commands to the power controller and thus activates the proper fan RPM.

unless it's the gray (or white, I forgot sorry) fan wire which shorted or something, variable voltages passes through that to control the speed of the motor itself - you're just in need of another fan.

However, to be on the safe side and not void your warranty, just buy one of those attachable cooling units.

Check your connection with your ps3 cables that are connected to othe fan. or you might have a defective port.

Quote Originally Posted by ionbladez View Post
    the thermal protect/heat sensors are on various components throughout the motherboard - that's common sense.

They are usually internal and built-in the CELL/RSX/EE since an external sensor would not be anywhere near as accurate. Those give the fan speed commands to the power controller and thus activates the proper fan RPM.

unless it's the gray (or white, I forgot sorry) fan wire which shorted or something, variable voltages passes through that to control the speed of the motor itself - you're just in need of another fan.

However, to be on the safe side and not void your warranty, just buy one of those attachable cooling units.
    LOL 60GB models are way too old to still have a warranty lol

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News