Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] 40gb PS3 Problem

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys, I finally got a ps3 today after a deal I couldnt turn down. I wanted a 60gb but got a 40gb for a steal.

My problem is I have the latest sony dsc-t200 camera. It works awesome on the 60gb ps3. Just chuck the memory stick in the card reader and away you go. The 40gb ps3 doesnt have a card reader but does have usb, except my camera isnt detected by the 40gb ps3. I tried it in the 60gb ps3 usb slot and it works fine. Im symped and dont know why it works on the 60gb and not the 40gb. The 40gb has firmware 2.00 and I think the 60gb was 1.94 or something.

Any ideas? I wanted to usemy camera on the pse for photo storage and viewing etc

Update........ Have just been playing skate after work for about 2hrs when the ps3 came up with an error "disc read error" or something similar. Left it for a bit, nothing happened. Rebooted and it wont detect any ps3 game or bluray movies.

I think I got a dud? I will return it to the store tomorrow as its only 1 day old!!! Im gutted but hey what can ya do. I will update about the camera detection once I get a new ps3

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i think you have the same problem as others when you have updated your ps3 to firmware 2.XX some ps3s get bricked.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I never changed the firmware, only had it a day.

The shop gave me another ps3 this morning and bingo, the camera works perfect on the 40gb ps3 now :-)

Angry

I also experienced this with my 40gig aussie PS3. Was playing NBA2k8 online when it happened to me, tried every type of disc after but it wouldn't read it, utterly ridiculous Sony after owning the PS3 one week this happened.

Is it so hard for Sony to get something right with the PS3 for once, shows you how much testing they do on Firmware before releasing to the public. I have read about this issue a fair bit too so it's not a rare one. Majority of times it was the 40 gig model, but I did read of some 60 gig instances.

Remember that youve read about it heaps because people post more when they have something to complain about; something that needs to be fixed. You dont find people posting everytime they update their firmware to let everyone know that it installed without a hitch. For every one of those posts that says their update bricked their system, there are a large number of people who are updating without issues.

I suppose its still fair to say that there should be no occurrences of this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by VendeTTaa View Post
    Remember that youve read about it heaps because people post more when they have something to complain about; something that needs to be fixed. You dont find people posting everytime they update their firmware to let everyone know that it installed without a hitch. For every one of those posts that says their update bricked their system, there are a large number of people who are updating without issues.

I suppose its still fair to say that there should be no occurrences of this at all.
    Just letting you know I upgraded to firmware 2.10 last night without a hitch and I love the ps3, its an amazing bit of hardware and like a fine wine it seems to get better with age. Upscaling dvds and now divx, its getting better and better.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News