Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so you two guys are at it again huh? why don't you give it up for a while. you know, when the 360 came out there was about as much controversy strewn about the web. Now everyone loves the 360. Give CELL some time.

Programmers are just getting their feet wet. As far as I can tell, developers (at least the ones who made resistance) enjoy using the cell and all the features it offers, and are making another game. Its like training wheels, you know? everyone's been using these microsoft based dev tools now their whole world has been flopped around. YES, 2 spu's are inaccessible. YES, the maximum size of each program on the spu's are 512kb or something ridiculously small. Its just a different type of programming that everyone needs to get used to. So just chill out for now and if, in a year, the ps3 still has crappy titles and doesn't match up to the 360 then okay, you were right, shut up already. I mean jesus christ. Get a life.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    for those who arent looking at this argument at a different perspective, all games are based on production, if sweat and blood, has been put into a game, then itll look good like Gears of War did, thats it. You try to compare another 360 game to Gears of War, youll deff see a difference. ALl this does is market xbox to say its better than the PS3, which technically, its not. bang for the buck is PS3, you have mad shits that you may not use now but will definetly be available in the future.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxing View Post
    While the above individual is still trying to evolve by walking without the help of his knuckles...
    wow, very mature of you! great job adding to this thread by comparing me to primates.... i'm sure everyone is glad to waste their time reading that comment

Quote Originally Posted by xboxing View Post
    Take note on the quote on the last sentence of the article.

[Register or Login to view links]
    finally, something you've added to the discussion in your favor! unfortunately, that editor should have added at the end of his sentence "at the present time" - there is no question Gears of War is an outstanding game, and if i had a 360, i'd own it for sure, but like everyone is trying to get you to realize is that GOW has had over a year to pick apart and play with the capabilities of the 360, whereas most of the games that are out now were either afterthoughts or cross-system games that were just rendered and made playable for the PS3 without much work done to make the game shine on the PS3 - read back where someone said the games are using only around 20% of the capability of the PS3 and most of the games for 360 are using around 100%....

instead of using 3rd grade insults towards me, try to read the facts other people are providing so as not to continue this discussion past the point that people who are truly interested in it (myself included) don't lose interest.... or have the thread locked because you couldn't control yourself

Quote Originally Posted by GarciaM25 View Post
    finally, something you've added to the discussion in your favor! unfortunately, that editor should have added at the end of his sentence "at the present time" - there is no question Gears of War is an outstanding game, and if i had a 360, i'd own it for sure, but like everyone is trying to get you to realize is that GOW has had over a year to pick apart and play with the capabilities of the 360, whereas most of the games that are out now were either afterthoughts or cross-system games that were just rendered and made playable for the PS3 without much work done to make the game shine on the PS3 - read back where someone said the games are using only around 20% of the capability of the PS3 and most of the games for 360 are using around 100%....
    If it hadn't been for Diode-manufacturing problems the PS 3 would (should) have been out since almost a year aswell and according to Sony, developers had their SDKs already far before 360 actually launched (apparently not all that much later as MS gave out their, incomplete (alpha), SDKs..)

It is a common, yet for me ununderstandable problem, why people think the gaming system must be actually OUT in order to get the developers to know it, in reality Resistance was under development for just as long as Gears of War was.

And while it is true that the PS 3 is most likeley the harder console to program for, sentences like "Games currently use only 20% of the true might of [place whatever console-name you want here]",are plain and simple marketing-phrases, they've been used ever since I remember and turn out to be nothing but hot air in the end (and if you want to go with those phrases, please quote Cliffy B. that says that there is alot more possible with the 360 than what was done with GoW )...

Of course I expect the PS 3 to, in time as developers get to know it's complex structure, outperform the 360 in some aspects at least (especially CPU-intensive things like Physics or A.I.), but graphicswhise we won't see alot of difference between the two Platforms (afaik the 360 GPU is quite a masterpiece), even in the future.

The reason many Games right now look and run better on the 360 is because they are Ports of latter version and ports almost always turn out to run better on the original System, especially if it is the easier to program for (we had many exeptions with PS2-->Xbox ports because the Xbox was easy to program and had quite a bit more horsepower than the PS 2, whilst the PS 3 is not all that much more powerfull than the 360).

I really tried to keep it as neutral as possible (hey, I imported a PS 3, which should arrive soon, and am already owning a 360...) as I really feel neutral about it. In the end all that decides for me is the games, especially since the graphics will be almost equal on both systems (that's maybe one of the reasons the Wii doesn't interest me one bit).

Personally i feel ps3 do better on 1080p than x360.

PS3 is AWESOME!!!

I just got a PS3 the other day. I hooked it up to my 45" Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV through a HDMI cable. I also have the optical output going through my 7.1 Pioneer surround receiver. I have to say some of the PS3 games play at 720i, but most play at 1080i, THE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY ARE AWESOME!!! The game physics are terrific. I have 2 wireless controllers, a bluetooth headsetm COD 3, NBA 07, Tony Hawks Project 8, and a couple of other games.

When I was plaing NBA with a friend of mine, the gameplay was clear, the characters and environment seemed lifelike, I could even see the little sweat droplets coming off Shaq's bald shiny head. I played the Xbox 360 for a while, but my conclusion is... the PS3 with my set up is FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Registered User movingincircles's Avatar
    valve software is cooking up some things

they are heavily utilizing the advantages of having multple cores

ridge racer for ps3 - the dev team received dev kits late, no time for graphical improvements.

its really about the programming

just like ridge racer 5 vs. gran turismo 3

graphically, obviously gran turismo 3 wins, but both are on the same hardware
    Last edited by movingincircles; 01-03-2007 at 04:20 PM

Please see post 97 as well as post 99

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News