Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by bahlsac View Post
    The PS3 will die a quick and painfull death and here's why

1. when a next gen hungry buyer goes into a store and sees a shiny new 360 or PS3 raincheck what do you think that buyer is walking out with besides a couple hundred dollars in his pocket

2. better hardware doesn't mean good gaming (i.e. PSP, Xbox, saturn, Neo Geo...etc)

3. PS3 Online Service itself will be free they are going to nickel and dime you into bankruptcy (i.e. GT HD)

4. Gears of War!!!!!!!!!

just for the record i loved ps2 hated xbox so i ain't hatin
    This has got to be one of the biggest loads of bull I've ever seen posted.

1) Gamers have been waiting for the PS3 for over a year now and I don't think another 1-3 months will kill them.

2) Better hardware doesnt = Better gaming, but thats not to say it cant either. All of those other systems were faulted in atleast another major way.

3) This is the one thing I agree with you on. A unified online experience is the way to go, this will keep cheating to a minimal and some games online servers wont blow while others are just great.

4) All I have to say about GOW is Resistance. It's an insanely fun game.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by out4it View Post
    Now I'm confused!!!!
    My point is, graphics's don't make the game. I'm playing resistance on my PS3 on an old 23" 480i set and I'm loving it. While even at 480i, the game looks amazing and much better then anything I've seen on PS2.

To this same token, people who get off on the fact of how games supposedly look better on the 360 confuse me. You wont ever see a single disk TRUE 1080p 360 game, 8.5 GB simply isn't enough. So I don't know where those guys are coming from.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm waiting on some good exclusives from sony, dont have a 1080p tv so that doesnt affect my decision. I bought a bloody gamecube for RE4 and the promise of zelda, so if something like the killzone target video comes out for ps3, i'm there, but other then resistance it all looks a little ho-hum right now.

As for the differences in the video, i believe that also has something to do with the 360's memory advantage

Some huge factors in the war... will m$ buy capcom??! will MGS4 also be ported to the 360??!?

MotoStorm looks sick, a couple more like that and they got my grand

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp View Post
    You wont ever see a single disk TRUE 1080p 360 game, 8.5 GB simply isn't enough. So I don't know where those guys are coming from.
    I can't think of one game that uses more than 8.5gb of disk space the blue ray and hdd will be mostly for movies and even buying the addon for the 360 its still well cheaper than a ps3

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp View Post
    My point is, graphics's don't make the game. I'm playing resistance on my PS3 on an old 23" 480i set and I'm loving it. While even at 480i, the game looks amazing and much better then anything I've seen on PS2.

To this same token, people who get off on the fact of how games supposedly look better on the 360 confuse me. You wont ever see a single disk TRUE 1080p 360 game, 8.5 GB simply isn't enough. So I don't know where those guys are coming from.
    By your reasoning every game that comes on blu-ray should be 1080p because there is more storage space? Sorry but thats not how it works.

The only difference between a game running at 720p and at 1080p is the resolution the game is rendered at. The actual size of the game is the same. The only difference is the amount of memory needed in the frame buffer. Now for 1080p pre-rendered cutscenes in a game, true, a regular dvd is not enough. But since both the 360 and PS3 are capable of rendering movie quality visuals, there shouldnt need to be any.

Give it a few months and you'll see plenty of 1080p games on both systems.

Though early in its development, you can't expect the PS3 to provide that much. Since Sony didn't give developers much time to create games for launch.

As a rule of thumb for gaming consoles, you can't base the value of a console by how powerful it is. (ie. xbox over ps2, ps3 over 360). It is not the Systems that make the Games, its the Games that make the Systems.

The PS2 tho not as powerful as the xbox, or gamecube (surprisingly! and don't argue it, because it is true) the developers saw it as a more cashable system. Therefore, created games for it and pushed the limits far and beyond its capabilities. Which is why the PS2 was such a success.

We all just have to wait and see how the gaming developers push the capabilities of the 3 new systems. Then in about 3 years, we can tell you who the real winner is!

I for one, plan on getting ALL 3 Systems!

im just gonna throw my 2 cents in since i own a ps3, people should stop comparing the 360 and the ps3 for graphics and such. you got fanboys on all sides of the videogame spectrum. it all boils down to having fun with whatever system u pick a lot of u guys like me will end up with all 3 of the consoles at some point.

i just gotta give sony props for a few things on the ps3: first the ease of hard drive upgrade simply pop it out of the side of the system and add what ever size 2.5 SATA drive u want. second the out of the box option to put another os on the hard drive so far linux is working good on the the system but im sure some brave soul will try windows. there are just a lot of good possibilities for the ps3 in the coming months and i cant wait.

According to this video review posted on IGN, Ridge Racer 7 looks amazing and nowhere near the horrible quality found in those crappy Japanese images (which were probably taken while the PS3 was spitting out the game at a lower resolution).

[Register or Login to view links]

PS3 Square Button

Quote Originally Posted by Noamos View Post
    there is a huge difference on 1080i vs. 1080p I have a 56' DLP 1080p with blueray player and directtv only supports 1080i, so when I watch a movie the pictureit's clear. As for 1080i is still very good but still slightly pixeled not very noticeable, I geuss I pay to much attention to detail. 720p is still looks better than 1080i
    Whether the picture PIXELE or not has nothing to do with 1080i or 720p, 1080i guarantee a sharper picture hence better picture the pixelated effect you are talking about is from the compression that DTV uses. The only way to get the least compressed Image would be with HDMI 1.3 which PS3 supports so PS3 wins and Blu ray wins :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zadig View Post
    The PS3 phenomena reminds me of the saturn. Before the saturn's launch every one and there brother bet their money on it's graphical superiority but the saturn turned out to be a flop. this seems even worse when you think sega had a big-a$$ console market share at that time.

PS3 is a failure. Though the PS3 is capable of reaching far better results than the 360, no developer would deem the hard development process as cost and time effective. That is why the 360 looks better in those pictures.

My advice is to sell your PS3 on ebay ASAP to the next idiot in line.
    First is Sega didnt have a big-ass market share when they released the saturn. The screw-ups of the segacd and 32x messed up dev support and confussed gamers, plus they killed the sega genesis early to try to focus more support on the saturn which ended up costing them gamers who felt betrayed. There fanbase wasnt even close to sonys and they werent number 1 either.

Also the reason that the 360 version looks better is because the PS3 version is nothing more then a cheep port that was rushed for launch.

And the Dev process isnt impossibly hard as you make it out to be. Sure its not as easy as 360 but that doesnt mean you cant make a good game for it.

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News