Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] 3 Beeps & Red Power Light help?

Sponsored Links
    My PS3 beeps 3 times then the power light goes red. I have tried replacing the hard drive with a new WD 250gb 5400rpm but it still beeps. I have tried re-seating the HDD but no luck.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Best Answer - Posted by jasmartin:

1) Overheating- If you are playing a game and the PS3 suddenly turns off, you get the PS3 3 beeps and it flashes a red light, your PS3 has probably overheated. Leave it for about 20 minutes to cool off then place it in an open, well ventilated, space on a smooth, hard flat surface. Never use it on a carpet; they trap the heat and can block the ventilation vents. Also over time excessive heat can damage the internal components of the PS3.

2) CPU or GPU error- If you try to turn on the PS3 and it beeps 3 times and gives you a flashing red light then you may have a serious problem, the CPU or GPU may have been disconnected from the motherboard. Try the simple fix below; however if that dosen’t work, you may have to send your PS3 to Sony or see attached PS3 repair guide and fix the PS3 3 beeps yourself.

Simple Fix (PS3 Hard Reset):

A hard rest will change your PS3 settings back to the factory settings. To do this:

• Put the PS3 in standby mode
    • Press and hold the power button on the console of 10 seconds until you hear 3 beeps

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    mine did this and i needed to reflow the motherboard to get it back

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for your help.

Did you do this yourself? if so, where did you get the instructions from? Are there any guides available?

1) Overheating- If you are playing a game and the PS3 suddenly turns off, you get the PS3 3 beeps and it flashes a red light, your PS3 has probably overheated. Leave it for about 20 minutes to cool off then place it in an open, well ventilated, space on a smooth, hard flat surface. Never use it on a carpet; they trap the heat and can block the ventilation vents. Also over time excessive heat can damage the internal components of the PS3.

2) CPU or GPU error- If you try to turn on the PS3 and it beeps 3 times and gives you a flashing red light then you may have a serious problem, the CPU or GPU may have been disconnected from the motherboard. Try the simple fix below; however if that dosen’t work, you may have to send your PS3 to Sony or see attached PS3 repair guide and fix the PS3 3 beeps yourself.

Simple Fix (PS3 Hard Reset):

A hard rest will change your PS3 settings back to the factory settings. To do this:

• Put the PS3 in standby mode
    • Press and hold the power button on the console of 10 seconds until you hear 3 beeps
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thats the hardware error code. Does the light turn yellow for a second. If it does then it's a serious problem. If you what you are doing you could try fixing it yourself. If your not comfortable doing repair work then you need to get it repaired by sony or just get brand new one. Theres not much you can do.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News