Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] 3.55 Downgrade with minimus help?

Sponsored Links
    I have the files that's on the main page, but i'm confused when it says use the downgrade dongle?

Is that just PSGRADE that was the same file used for the 3.50 downgrade?

I only ask because the psgrade page says it does not work for 3.55?
    Best Answer - Posted by ps3haze:

Flash the PSgrade dongle with the 3.50 downgrade flash - this will put the PS3 in service mode.

Put the 3.55 Lv2diag.self FILE 1 on the USB key and the 3.55 downgrade firmware (3.56 which is a 3.41 spoof)

Now your PS3 is running 3.41 but it thinks it is now 3.56. From here you can downgrade again to 3.41 modified and use the recovery menu to flash 3.41 OFW.

For the most part you cannot flash to a lower firmware then what it left the factory with. My slim had 3.40 on it. I tried a downgrade to 3.15 and it failed so I put the the 3.41 modified pup on the stick with Lv2diag.self FILE 1 and it got the ps3 going again.

best of luck.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    downgrader dongles are just jb devices with downgrader firmware on it. I think the original jailbreak couldn't be updated so they so they sold a downgrade dongle.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    But it also says a D.I.Y version, and thats what i'm wondering, is that D.I.Y version PSGRADE? I've used PSGRADE for minimus before on 3.50 to 3.41, but want to make sure it can also be used with 3.55?

yes, you can use the minimus, the D.I.Y are like teensy

sorry also if you needed another version of psgrade for 3.55 then there would be one
    Last edited by wilpac05; 01-18-2011 at 12:45 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Flash the PSgrade dongle with the 3.50 downgrade flash - this will put the PS3 in service mode.

Put the 3.55 Lv2diag.self FILE 1 on the USB key and the 3.55 downgrade firmware (3.56 which is a 3.41 spoof)

Now your PS3 is running 3.41 but it thinks it is now 3.56. From here you can downgrade again to 3.41 modified and use the recovery menu to flash 3.41 OFW.

For the most part you cannot flash to a lower firmware then what it left the factory with. My slim had 3.40 on it. I tried a downgrade to 3.15 and it failed so I put the the 3.41 modified pup on the stick with Lv2diag.self FILE 1 and it got the ps3 going again.

best of luck.

Thanks for the help...

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News