Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Results 1 to 9 of 9



  1. #1
    Contributor okynorch's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

    Confused [Answered] 3.55 black screen after format help?

    Sponsored Links
    Hi, I have a new hard drive, clean. A ps3 in 3.55 connected in HDMI. I put the new drive on ps3 (the drive have MBR). I booted the ps3 and a screen appears and say that the system software cannot work properly and it ask for update (with START + SELECT).
    I did it with a usb and ofw 3.55 firmware, checking OK.

    A new screen with formatting confirmation (START + SELECT) hold for 5sec : formatting the drive OK (100%).

    Then the ps3 seems to do something but from here I have no longer display, black screen. (TV dont show "NO SIGNAL") If I push the ps button, I can hear sounds when navigate in menu, I guess I'm on the licence agreement menu, before installing firmware.

    Do you guys have any idea how to fix that ? Is my ps3 dead ?

    Thank you
    Best Answer - Posted by TitanTX:

    Have you tried the recovery menu by chance if you could get on there. Check out racer's thread if you think your PS3 is bricked or soft bricked. I think he may be able to fix it for you.

  2. #2
    Sponsored Links
    try connecting tv with the ps3 normal avi cable and doing it from there

  3. #3
    If you are changing cables or cannot see an image on the screen, you may need to reset the video output to default settings. To reset the video output:
    • While the PS3 system is in standby mode (red light on the front of the system), hold down the touch-sensitive On/Off button
      on the front of the system until the PS3 beeps a second time (approximately 5 seconds), then release it.
    • The PS3 will power up, the Video Output Settings will automatically reset to the standard resolution (or detect the current display
      output settings of your TV/monitor).

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by G Sus View Post
    try connecting tv with the ps3 normal avi cable and doing it from there
    I did it from start with AVI cable, format goes to 100%, then reboot and black screen. And again if I push Ps button, I can hear menu sound (still stuck in agreement screen with no display)

    thanks for your help

  5. #5
    What happens when you put the old drive back in?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by okynorch View Post
    Hi, I have a new hard drive, clean. A ps3 in 3.55 connected in HDMI. I put the new drive on ps3 (the drive have MBR). I booted the ps3 and a screen appears and say that the system software cannot work properly and it ask for update (with START + SELECT).
    I did it with a usb and ofw 3.55 firmware, checking OK.

    A new screen with formatting confirmation (START + SELECT) hold for 5sec : formatting the drive OK (100%).

    Then the ps3 seems to do something but from here I have no longer display, black screen. (TV dont show "NO SIGNAL") If I push the ps button, I can hear sounds when navigate in menu, I guess I'm on the licence agreement menu, before installing firmware.

    Do you guys have any idea how to fix that ? Is my ps3 dead ?
    try to see with FTP, if on the drive has the files of 355 or not ?

    (if it is a BLANK HDD, it's because you format the drive, and ofw 355 was not install to the drive)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by windrider42 View Post
    What happens when you put the old drive back in?
    Old drive is dead.

    I'm going to give a try with another drive I have.

  8. #8
    Ok just tried with a new drive, still get no image back after the format finished.

    Can it be caused by overheating ? I never opened it but I guess it's the last things I can do...

  9. #9
    Have you tried the recovery menu by chance if you could get on there. Check out racer's thread if you think your PS3 is bricked or soft bricked. I think he may be able to fix it for you.

 
Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News