Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I only suspect it is a fake due to the fact that it has been nearly 1 week since it was announced with no update.

I am not sure why these so called experts are calling it fake. Is it for the same reason I am or is it like this graf_chokolo guy who seems to think that these X3max people are not capable of original hacking?

Found some news when i was browsing the site.. logic-sunrise.com/news-187891-enfin-des-nouvelles-de-la-team-x3-concernant-le-hack-350.html

Well let's see what they come up with on Sunday.

The latest email from X3Max (taken from the above link):

Time will tell...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

I'll just wait, not like it hurts to wait... won't kill me... But I stopped listening to random posts from people, thinking they know everything. Too many people out there looking for Internet glory and want there name brought up in every PS3 jailbreak topic.

Seriously, I don't think it's fake. If it was fake... Why did Sony make an update for 3.55 firmware? This should make you think

Source : techtree.com/India/News/Sony_Releases_Firmware_355_for_PS3/551-113723-585.html
    Last edited by Gr4v1ty; 12-10-2010 at 06:16 PM

Mhh... might be interesting.So every thing is possible, the scene has proven this more then one time.So why not they should have found a way to resign or fake that stuff and get a hacked .pup with cfw?

Only Dark Alex made true custom firmware from the ground up for the psp, and it was a lot of really hard work. Have you noticed custom firmware 6.xx since Alex retired from scene. No? well thats cuz he had reversed engineered and then recompiled lots code, and no one else wants that kind of pressure.

To always be depended on for constant fixes and updates, getting blamed for people bricking there consoles, and possible legal threats. Yes its possible for custom firmware on ps3, but we will be stuck on "3.xx" kernel for a long time as it takes a lot of work, the right hardware (EX: eeprom reader/writer, memory dumper, and good programmers/testers to prevent problems).

Not to mention the fact we can't yet modify and pack digitally signed custom .PUP files. MY guess is august, 2011 is a more realistic time frame for the PS3 to finally open "Pandoras Box" if You get my hint. Be patient and Keep your ears open.

PSP-3000 stopped pandoras battery and MMs exploit that could revive semi bricked consoles.Now its only partially hacked. PSP go continues this legacy being only semi hacked. As for PS3, I think $ony will do whatever it takes to increase profit and increase stock holders shares. This Means New hardware revisions and new Kernel to go along with it.

Alas $ony even removed otherOS and added a lot of New DRM in the 3.XX kernel. So much for $ony's policy of a partially Open platform. "Hen" is and always will be encouraged! Partial customization of the XMB is already possible but it wont be fully "pandora" for a long time yet.

That's not true. In the psp scene dark alex never have shared the source code. So no one other could do the same and every one was concentraded on one thing.The PS3 scene is much more open source then the psp scene it ever was. Teams and hackers work more together to do nice things.

By the way do you really know that teams developing a cfw or hb or anything else for the ps3 do not use debuging to optain dumps or fw files? To assemble, reverse or hack? In case DA have not shared the source how you can say that he really hase reversed the whole fw and not only some modules that let you also do this magicaly tricks?

grafchokolo, kakaroto, DeLight do a really nice job to time and also always releasing there findings with source code and teaching us new stuff.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 12-10-2010 at 08:42 PM

interesting new video, looks promising... time will tell... patience guys.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast