Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up Working loading PS2 backups on PS3

Sponsored Links
    Finally got my project done, remember I was just rushing this together and wanted to test if it worked, this isn't my final work.

Btw this is action replay I loaded as a backup.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks good kratosjohn and nice job on it so far.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank you, been a member here for some time and though hell why not post and hear what the community has to say, but tomorrow I will be going out for more supplies, better switches and cleaner method of having this boot games.

Possible new video tomorrow.

I will +Rep ya for your efforts and sharing the video kratosjohn, but now I will beat someone else to stating the obvious hehe...

It looks a lot like what was done in 2007 here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...0-a-49057.html

Still, props for taking the time to do something... so many here do nothing at all.

Actually I did a kinda different method than the original guy and the others following his guide, I found that I can keep the auto load motor and still have the manual switch with only 1 3-way switch, he suggested we use a 3 way switch for manual loading and if we want to keep auto loading too we put in 2 2-way switches. I don't see why those switches are even needed now.

Still not final, in the morning I will go shopping for a smaller/cuter switch to match the system

I don't want to double post but this is kinda to bump my thread to show more progress, it's final and done now, pics will follow.

Last edited by kratosjohn; 12-02-2009 at 10:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is the best i've seen! What I wonderful work.

Is it too hard for a common guy to do ? Do you think a tutorial would be possible ?

And why the hech on earth would that not work on a ps3 backup ? It seems you take off the dvd without the ps3 be aware of it so... why would this not work with a ps3 backup ?

Thanks, but yeah not many can afford a bluray drive to burn the games so no one really knows if it'll boot backups of Ps3 games yet, but I do see this as the method of loading them in the future.

This is a very simple mod with a half-way decent tutorial that I went partially by, some was confusing to understand but I improvised at those points.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News