Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Wipe History v2.0 and EraseMe v1.1 PS3 Homebrew Apps Arrive

Sponsored Links
    Today smokin has made available Wipe History version 1.2 followed by v2.0 while [Register or Login to view links] has released EraseMe v1.1 which also generates a fake activity log, and both PKG applications clear out the PS3 history so Sony won't know what games or homebrew application IDs have been used on the console when connecting to PSN.

Download: Wipe History v1.2 for PS3 / Wipe History v2.0 for PS3 / Wipe History v2.0 for PS3 3.41 + Waninkoko CFW 3.55 / EraseMe v1.1 GeoHot for PS3 / EraseMe v1.1 Kmeaw for PS3 / EraseMe v1.1 Source Code

On Wipe History, to quote: The thought behind this program, is to run it prior to going online onto the PSN, to remove your play logs from Sony's peering eyes. It is possible that by deleting these logs, it will protect your console from the threat of being banned. To use the app, run it via the XMB, your screen will flicker black and return you back to the XMB as normal.

This is my first ps3 homebrew app, it clears your history (ie.,boot_history.dat) so Sony doesn't know what games or homebrew you have ran.

Most homebrew apps in .pkg form use an id which goes to a file that gets uploaded to sony when you sign into psn, obviously homebrew apps have their own id that sony doesn't recognize which could potentially get you banned.

This app clears that history so just run it after you run homebrew, It will do ALL accounts on your ps3.

When you run it the screen will go black then return you to the xmb.

Get version 2 it deletes pushlist too which is also sent to sony The files are in dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/patch.dat and game.dat

On EraseMe v1.1, to quote: After making this app for BeeGee7730 i got to thinking that a blank pushlist is just as bad as one full of homebrew so i quickly edited v1.0 to allow the copying of dummy files as well.

So i have encluded in this version a game.dat/patch.dat/boot_history.dat with 5 genuine games played that can be copied over instead of deleting the pushlist/history.

If you really want some fun after install FTP into the app BLES00132 and hex in some swear words in the game.dat/patch.dat & boot_history.dat in the USRDIR folder then copy them across

Cross will delete all files.
    Circle will copy dummy files.

SRC Code Included.

Finally, in related news bazgee has released LogJam Intelligent Log Stealthing POC v1.02 KMEAW for PS3 which cleans up your logs, not by erasing them (easy thing to spot!!), and not by copying the same data to them (again, VERY easy to spot), but by clearing out invalid entries, homebrew, games that don't belong in your region, etc... and replaces them, if needed, with valid games, randomly.

The code is there, written in C, not compilable as is (built with PSL1GHT), but authors of Backup Managers are welcome to incorporate the "LogJam" Stealthing routines. It's packaged for installation with KMEAW firmware. If somebody wants to repackage it for others, go for it.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    very nice tool, exactly those tool are helpful. i will install it immediately on my system to test it :-)

good work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can't wait t try it out. I have actually been putting off going online or even signing into PSN because of paranoia but this is a great app that should help make homebrew easier and safer.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks, going to test it our right meow!

Well, if Sony was logging usage/app then this app is useless. If they're not which I doubt then it's a good tool to prevent bans if they start logging in the future, only time will tell.

either way, great job smokin and Chossy.

Nice work fellas! Exactly what we needed. Now.. wonder how long or big the log is $ony keeps?

Hopefully new ones every time you log-in since I've already been there once, umm.. maybe twice

surely if they were going to check anything they'd just check the offsets to see if a payload has been used?

I honestly believe they won't even do anything to you as long as you continue to purchase stuff from the PS Store or a new retail copy from time to time. It's really all about the money. Bans would be highly unlikely at his point if SCE wants to remain profitable.

you have to be very highly insane to believe this. expect bans coming soon.

Registered User adrienfahrenhei's Avatar
    What's the structure of the .dat files? I'm scared to lose PSN access b/c I wanted a few PSN games coming up this year. Is it just a list, or is it time-logged? If lots of people have exactly the same game IDs in their .dats (especially in the same order and/or with the same amount of time played) then they will fairly easy flag this segment of the userbase for banning.

I appreciate that you're releasing the app tied up nicely in a .pkg format (and, really, *everyone* ought to have ftp set up), but I'd recommend adding to this sort of app the ability to sniff out gamesave/trophy data and applying data with a rough approximation of that activity, or the ability to at least clean these .dats of non-Sony-approved activity.

Basically, this is an excellent development but needs to render results that are consistently believable/variable without the need for constant manual editing via FTP.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News