Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeking View Post
    I honestly believe they won't even do anything to you as long as you continue to purchase stuff from the PS Store or a new retail copy from time to time. It's really all about the money. Bans would be highly unlikely at his point if SCE wants to remain profitable.
    Dude, are you even kidding me? They will remain profitable no matter what they do! You may have been born at night, but surely it wasn't last night.

As soon as the news hit the street that their PSN fortress was compromised they had a team of 6 figure salaried techs working on ways to stop it; and stop you from accessing it! Companies like $ony will spend 2 billion just to save 2 million.

By your philosophy, $icrosoft only bans XboX users cause there is no money in it for them.

Put the lighter down and step away from the bowl...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is pretty badass, props to both contributers. This will make those who like the PSN a lot more safer.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've got an idea for including with the erase me / dummy pkg app. Is it possible to randomize the pkg files from a list of say 20 known games. This way the dummy name order will always change and won't have the same order of BLUS11111, BLUS22222 .... BLUS55555.

It should be fairy easy to code that - I've started to look into C++ programming and remember seeing some sort of random generator thing in my studies.

This way - even if Sony do scan 1000 of log files they won't see the same pattern. Just a thought - hope this helps.

Looking at the source code now - it seems that it copies across boot_history, patch.dat, and game.dat from the pkg to the your PS3, overwriting the original log files.

The games are BCES00002, BLES00187, BLUS98107, BLES00323 and BLES00006.

So basically it might be harder to randomise a bunch of BLUSXXXXX files as it's not really in the code - a simple copy / paste command I'm guessing. Though for a coder, shouldn't be that hard, he'll just need to make the pkg patch the log file that's already on your console by code. If that makes sense lol.
    Last edited by Field; 01-24-2011 at 02:48 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I agree! Something a little more randomized would be icing on the cake.

How about maybe a log file for each region with 100 or so titles in it where it randomly picks 5-10 titles to copy over. That way you don't have mixed region games and the pool is deep enough where everybody has very different logs/.dat.

Maybe even reads your own console and picks from the selection using your consoles region (Before anybody corrects me, I know the console(s) don't have a region per say, but it would look funny if I'm in the US and all my games have a EUR/BLESXXXXX ID).

Quote Originally Posted by ShroomRaza View Post
    I agree! Something a little more randomized would be icing on the cake.

How about maybe a log file for each region with 100 or so titles in it where it randomly picks 5-10 titles to copy over. That way you don't have mixed region games and the pool is deep enough where everybody has very different logs/.dat.

Maybe even reads your own console and picks from the selection using your consoles region (Before anybody corrects me, I know the console(s) don't have a region per say, but it would look funny if I'm in the US and all my games have a EUR/BLESXXXXX ID).
    I think having played different games all the time would look funny, too. I mean, how many PS fans have legitimately played 5 different games every couple of days, accumulating in the hundreds of played games, with no corresponding trophy activity? I think a .dat content-spoofing app should factor in which games are popular as well as putting a reasonable cap on a user's apparent access to games. Your proposed regional consistency is a good step in the right direction!

There ought to be a straightforward way to add one's favorite games to this list, actually, or limit the randomized output to just the games that a user has designated as being in his/her 'personal collection'.

'personal collection' would obviously auto-include any games that have generated trophy activity, especially when said trophy activity has recently been updated.
    Last edited by adrienfahrenhei; 01-24-2011 at 03:49 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i agree with the random game list problem. it would seem more feasible from sony's standpoint if your ps3 had the same game played list every time you logged onto the psn. it would make sense for each user to select/enter 5 or so games of their choice into a file that would be used for every wipe.

Yeah good points - the other funny thing is [i guess might be time consuming though for some ppl] is that if the log files do grab the last 5 games played - even PSN demos - then why not just run 5 legit games. You don't need to play them - only to the main menu.

Backups games ID could be used as they have the same IDs, though booting the Backup Manager would need to be changed - I'm currently using the ID for 'The Last Guy', so that shows in my logs. This app is really handy for those that run homebrew as those IDs are usually LAUN12345 or not official.

While this app is handy - I don't plan on going online anyway, and if I do [for those special occasions] then I can run boot 5 games to re-log the IDs.

Also note that if you have access to the SDK - you can extract the files from within the pkg and input your own game ID - ie If you own Motorsport, then you can hex edit that ID into the .dat files and use that. That way, you own the games, you have the save files and it's from your region, and that will be used to copy over/erase with IDs that are yours.

If you install this app and let it on you console and reboot, the system should send the log, where the program is inside, to Sony. Wouldn't it be more secure if the famous and popular homebrew apps get stealthed ? Just like Rogero did it for the blackb0x FTP.

Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    If you install this app and let it on you console and reboot, the system should send the log, where the program is inside, to Sony. Wouldn't it be more secure if the famous and popular homebrew apps get stealthed ? Just like Rogero did it for the blackb0x FTP.
    +1000 still waiting on a stealth Gaia manager for 3.55. rogero wont install to kmeaz for me even saying its for 3.5 and that keamz can install all pkgs too. stealth blackbox is nice.

we NEED stealth Gaia, and maybe multiman to keep around as a backup (waiting 3 mins for app to boot while it looks for vids that can play natively annoys the piss out of me only important video stuff is a mkv player the rest is totally useless as anyone with a brain can stream it correctly from PC and no one has the space to store massive ps3 games plus a ton of movie files on same HD)

the movie thing is a cute fad and nice to set his loaders apart from the rest but its still not needed and impractical for the vast majority. It'd be nice to set it up for the 10% or so that use multiman for movies and games to alter their text file to check for movies... instead of it doing it preset like it does now and the majority of us not using it and just causing us to wait a bit longer as it checks for files not there.

Who uses deans for video honestly? Id rather not cherry pick and add one or two files at a time to my HD thats for my ps3... Ive got external HDs devoted just to video like I imigine most do... a ext 2TB cant hold alot of ps3 games and movies. Its cool to a extent I guess but it feels more like showing off than really putting something practical together.

I'd personally prefer more work going into increasing game comptability as all the loaders are the same now its ALL based off open manager.. its more or less which interface do you find appealing, cosmetically options are nice however if they all are working with the same stuff under the hood having the same projects doing the same stuff with just a diff background image seems redundant.

I've done the Stealth backup method a long time ago. A 'Ninja' method too. I'm sure that the same method will apply.

All the method did was change the Game ID to that of PSN game installed. As stated I'm using 'The Last Guy' as my GAIA BM - though I'm still using the USB Device.

I'm guessing the the only thing the CFW does is the ablilty to run homebrew without the jailbreak device - of course depending on the payload and such. Looking at the latest GAIA BM (ver 2.04) they are PKG files - so I would imagine extracting them with the SDK, hex editing the Game ID and re-built.

Also it should be noted that (i'm lead to believe) running the erase app will load to a black screen / erase / copy the .dat files across leaving a nice legit looking log file. Then you'd log onto the PSN. As stated by Randalf many moons ago, running any PKG will phone home, so it's best to disconnect the internet cable, erase clean, then connect and log on.

[though also like to add that I'm guessing this might be different as the usb device is non functional on the new firmwares - I assume that the USB JB doesn't work even on CFW due to the 3.50+ FW - though installing edited PKG may still be possible before installing]

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News