Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Winters End v1.0 PS3 Homebrew Game is Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Following up on his Cherophobe v1.0 PS3 homebrew game, today PlayStation 3 developer ThatOtherDev has released a Christmas-themed PS3 game entitled Winters End version 1.0.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: In Winters End you take control of a snow person that moves around collecting snow.

It was originally rushed together for Wii as an entry in the Drunken Coders 2010 Winter Competition in which the judges stated that it "Would have been drastically improved with the addition of some enemies to thwart what was otherwise a so-simple-it-got-dull-fast game. Great work and very smooth accelerometer controls." and ranked it as fifth place out of five entries.

Well this new PS3 port keeps that "so-simple-it-got-dull-fast" gameplay intact well removing the smooth motion controls along with the music and bringing that once flawless framerate down to choppy mess that could be compared to a slideshow.

So have fun with that!

PS3 controls:
    • Left analog stick = Move
    • Right analog stick = Turn camera

Winters End v1.0 PS3 Homebrew Game is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the news HeyManHRU, I have moved it to the main page now and +Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Who wants to play Winters End?! (Long pause... brids chirping)...

Nobody?

Thumbs Up

I actually like games with snowy/winter themes myself, but sadly don't have time to play games or I'd probably give this one a try... which is more than I can say about most of his releases, so it gets a Thumbs Up from me.

Well this new PS3 port keeps that "so-simple-it-got-dull-fast" gameplay intact well removing the smooth motion controls along with the music and bringing that once flawless framerate down to choppy mess that could be compared to a slideshow.

I'm not sure I read this correctly lol. Are they saying its flawless or it's choppy

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    Who wants to play Winters End?! (Long pause... brids chirping)...

Nobody?
    Good game or not keep in mind its the devs that keep this scene going. Putting down peoples work no matter how simple or complex just hurts the scene. If a game is not something your interested in, then just don't bother commenting. I for one appreciate the work and time devs put into the homebrew apps and games.

Not complex gameplay, but it does seem to have some strategy involved as you might need to determine which narrow areas between the trees to collect the snow before your snowman gets too big to fit. Nice 'lil port/demo, and definitely something that could be built upon going forward. I'd like to see the code for these last few games, to see what i could learn..

jeez, it's like pacman without the walls, ghosts, fruit or powerpills. (or sound effects)

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News