Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Will PS JB Lead to Booting Backups?

Sponsored Links
    So its been said that the PS Jailbreak can run homebrew code and I know it might be too early to tell, but does anybody think that the PS Jailbreak and future exploits could lead to the possibility of booting backups on DVD-R 9 & BDR?

Because it's great to use your hard drive for game storage but when that runs out you cant exactly buy a new hard drive every time.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Delete a game off the hard drive? you will be able to get at least 20 games on a 1tb or 40 on a 2tb and more likely around 200 -500

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by djhazardous View Post
    So its been said that the PS Jailbreak can run homebrew code and I know it might be too early to tell, but does anybody think that the PS Jailbreak and future exploits could lead to the possibility of booting backups on DVD-R 9 & BDR?

Because it's great to use your hard drive for game storage but when that runs out you cant exactly buy a new hard drive every time.
    It's hard to say. It would be easy enough to create a backup loader for the PS3 that is Jailbreak-compatible, but ultimately the ability to read DVD9/BD-R lies with the BD drive itself, or more specifically, the firmware. Until CFW can be created and flashed to the BDD, its unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by whinis View Post
    Delete a game off the hard drive? you will be able to get atleast 20 games on a 1tb or 40 on a 2tb and more likely around 200 -500
    20 games on a one tb hdd? you do know most games are like 8 gbs not 50 right?

Quote Originally Posted by wwe101 View Post
    Reason I said at least because someone might try and put 200 50gb on there and then complain I'm wrong.

i don't foresee the booting of games off of blue ray media to be much of a task, especially for the ps jailbreak team. I THINK it may even be able to be accomplished by just updating the backup manager with the option to read the game files from the inserted blue ray disk. In this respect, the external hd and blue ray disk arent that different, they're both just storage media to be read from.

Quote Originally Posted by jevolution View Post
    i don't foresee the booting of games off of blue ray media to be much of a task, especially for the ps jailbreak team. I THINK it may even be able to be accomplished by just updating the backup manager with the option to read the game files from the inserted blue ray disk. In this respect, the external hd and blue ray disk arent that different, they're both just storage media to be read from.
    lol then there will DEFINITELY be a problem for sony.

chinese markets will run wild!

That's a good idea; if the Backup Manager could be updated to run game dumps from the BD Drive just like it would from internal/external HDD it would be awesome. If this happens at some point in the near future I'd assume they'd be burned to DVD-9 (fingers crossed!).

Quote Originally Posted by wwe101 View Post
    well, depends about the games

gow is aorun 40gb, gt5 would be the same, and i believe that all the great games {killzone3 for example} will be very wide for hdd

If we could boot DVD-9 backups, you could use that for multi-platform games & just have all the Sony exclusives/big games on the hard drive

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News