Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Where does the PS3 place game update files before installing?

Sponsored Links
    I'm trying to play my retail copy of SSF4 on my Test unit just to goof around. I downloaded the 1.01 game update on np, but it won't install on 3.20 which is fine. I installed the blackbox ftp to see if I could grab the package off the ps3 and place it on a flash pen, so I can downgrade to 1.0 debug and just install it there. However, I cannot find the retail package and I'm assuming the directory isn't readable without a jailbreak?

I've tried all the possible directories listed and none have it and a lot don't allow me to read the directory.

Is this not possible?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you can capture ps3 updates by using the PS3 Download Manager just set the proxy on your ps3 to your computers ip.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Where do you place install packages for firmware 1.0? I got sitting on the root dir of my USB drive but 1.0 says no packages are available to install.
    Last edited by pasky; 10-02-2010 at 04:52 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you need to put the update on the flash drive as so " [root] -> PS3 -> UPDATE " and then put the ps3updat.pup in that folder. Choose system update from the system menu options and then choose flash drive.

and to answer your first question. When the PS3 downloads an update it stores the files in "app_home/PS3UPDATE/" which, you cant access.

Thanks, but you're first answer does not apply to debug firmware 1.0. It does not look in the usb drive for a package to install. I'm not asking how to install firmware, but packages.

Debug 1.0 does not look in the root usb drive for a package to install, my usb flash pen never even lights up (so it's not even searching it). Where does 1.0 look for a package?

Quote Originally Posted by pasky View Post
    Debug 1.0 does not look in the root usb drive for a package to install, my usb flash pen never even lights up (so it's not even searching it). Where does 1.0 look for a package?
    I think you may need to use the memory stick slot.

Quote Originally Posted by tragedy View Post
    I think you may need to use the memory stick slot.
    Alright, I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Ok just tried it. I burnt a dvd-r with the package on the root, 3.21 picked up the packages this way. 1.0 Doesn't find anything.

Tried with an SD card. 1.0 doesn't find anything.

Edit: Found it! It's the ms duo slot.

+ Rep for ya tragedy, worked like a charm. Installed a retail package using 1.0
    Last edited by pasky; 10-02-2010 at 08:01 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News