Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Banned User
    @CJPC:

i dont know if you allready talked about it. but whats with a try for 1:1 blue ray copys?

it is possible to create an exacte copy of a game on a blue ray disc?
    and when yes, what does the ps3 says?

does the ps3 knows that it is a burned game?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    Yeah? Can you name 5 things homebrew can bring to the table that is not a given with the ps3 that are not illegal? Because so far you got a web browser, psn to game online, linux, media center, bluray and dvd playback, backward compatibility for ps1 and ps2 (some). I just cant imagine what you want homebrew other than piracy but go ahead name 5 things.

And please dont come up with things like a better media center get over it we have one, not the best not the worst, also let me know what are you doing to make homebrew possible.
    lol u sound really pissed at me dude...i dun wanna start a war or anything, im too lazy to fight wars (over little things) and also...its christmas man lol

Anyway, the potential of homebrew...u do know that linux is currently limited by the hypervisor right? If that were by passed and effective drivers developed the ps3 essentially becomes a powerful computer that gives really bang for its buck, with 3d modelling programs such as blender (blender.org have a look) the possibilities are endless in linux alone! from 3d modelling and rendering to media encoding the ps3 would be quite a beast.

Also u mention that the ps3 is not perfect but its not the worse and that's acceptable to you...i admit the ps3 is quite good at most things it does, but if custom firmware could lead to even better then it would be foolish to resist such advancements. I'm not sure if u follow the psp scene and while i know the ps3 is different its a known fact that certain features were implemented on the psps official firmware only after being put in custom firmwares.

Lastly (i know its probably not 5 but i'm getting bored of typing and who cares lol) i live in a country that is not affected by most of the ridiculous laws that some of you have to face...so if it is not illegal here ...why the heck should i be bothered to abide by them? Now don't get me wrong, i believe that game developers deserve their due for making these great games we love to play so much. but petty things such as codec usage on the system basically the fine print that sony has to abide by in making its firmware. ofcourse dis would bring me back to the hypervisor because it frustrates me when i think about it, that i've purchased hardware that is now my property but i cannot utilise its full potential.

Anyway dude, so you're saying if homebrew does become available you're not gonna use it at all? don't use it if u like...doesn't affect me, i respect the fact that everyone has different points of views and they are allowed to coexist, i kno some may agree with everything i've said and some may hate it...but i dun care ...have a good one...merry christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    @CJPC:

i dont know if you allready talked about it. but whats with a try for 1:1 blue ray copys?

it is possible to create an exacte copy of a game on a blue ray disc?
    and when yes, what does the ps3 says?

does the ps3 knows that it is a burned game?
    Well, even on a Debug console, making a 1:1 copy of a retail PS3 game does not even work! There is additional data "hidden" somewhere on the disk that prevents it, on top of all of the extra encryption that is also only decrypted properly while booting it from the proper media.

Furthermore, bypassing the hypervisor, although it sounds like a great idea - in actuality it is not. It basically controls just about everything. Now, Escalating our privileges under it and having it allow us to do whatever we want - it would be quite helpful!

@CJPC
    If i'm not wrong, original games are pressed and not burned so it doesn't have "hidden data", it's just another tehnology. The problem is our burners which can't reproduce the exact data (1:1)

Ontopic:
    Take a look back on M$ Xbox 360, if the firmware on dvd drive was encrypted, even today we couldn't play backups, so what about playstation 3? ...which has a much better security!

Quote Originally Posted by jevolution View Post
    lol u sound really pissed at me dude...i dun wanna start a war or anything, im too lazy to fight wars (over little things) and also...its christmas man lol

Anyway, the potential of homebrew...u do know that linux is currently limited by the hypervisor right? If that were by passed and effective drivers developed the ps3 essentially becomes a powerful computer that gives really bang for its buck, with 3d modelling programs such as blender (blender.org have a look) the possibilities are endless in linux alone! from 3d modelling and rendering to media encoding the ps3 would be quite a beast.

Also u mention that the ps3 is not perfect but its not the worse and that's acceptable to you...i admit the ps3 is quite good at most things it does, but if custom firmware could lead to even better then it would be foolish to resist such advancements. I'm not sure if u follow the psp scene and while i know the ps3 is different its a known fact that certain features were implemented on the psps official firmware only after being put in custom firmwares.

Lastly (i know its probably not 5 but i'm getting bored of typing and who cares lol) i live in a country that is not affected by most of the ridiculous laws that some of you have to face...so if it is not illegal here ...why the heck should i be bothered to abide by them? Now don't get me wrong, i believe that game developers deserve their due for making these great games we love to play so much. but petty things such as codec usage on the system basically the fine print that sony has to abide by in making its firmware. ofcourse dis would bring me back to the hypervisor because it frustrates me when i think about it, that i've purchased hardware that is now my property but i cannot utilise its full potential.

Anyway dude, so you're saying if homebrew does become available you're not gonna use it at all? don't use it if u like...doesn't affect me, i respect the fact that everyone has different points of views and they are allowed to coexist, i kno some may agree with everything i've said and some may hate it...but i dun care ...have a good one...merry christmas
    Im really not pissed at you man, I thought from your first post you were making fun of my opinion without properly pointing out why. Homebrew would be nice and I would use it, my point is I enjoy my ps3 the way it is right now and I believe that its been the best console experience or gaming experince so far for me. I know homebrew would be great but I use a computer exclusively for media center(I have a hackintosh so I do like the homebrew and hacks and currently Im running plex which is a variant of xbox media center).

People just seem cheap sometimes for example wanting to make a $400 dll console into a monster pc is not a bad idea but some people just seem to be whinning and they dont even know whats involved in hacking something like a ps3. If I cant get a hack I just go out and build a PC where everything is working emulators, web browsers, media centers and just enjoy the playstation experience the way its meant to be. The xbox1 hack had a point the console wasnt delivering the next generation experience and hacks were taking it there.

Right now you have achivements, trophys to show off, voice chat, text chat, a store directly in your console, bluetooth access, usb access, online play with nice lobbys possibilities are limitless for both developers and users. I do play a lot, and since Im really having such a wonderful time with my playstation I purchase all the games I want to play and support the developers and the stores that sell video games. If you want to talk about a country without rules try mexico (where I live) you can do whatever you want and no one will do anything to you and if things get really messy everything can be fixed with money, so Im in favor of homebrew if it makes a better experience if its here to change and evolve things but so far I think sony is making one hell of a job.

Sorry if you misunderstood my post, but think about the xbox1 days or ps2 days and compare it with all the access we have now, we had to solder usb ports to the xbox remember? We had to hack the ps2 to copy backups to a hard disk, not today, thats a given.

Quote Originally Posted by hosmy View Post
    @CJPC
    If i'm not wrong, original games are pressed and not burned so it doesn't have "hidden data", it's just another tehnology. The problem is our burners which can't reproduce the exact data (1:1)
    Yes, you are correct - the disks are pressed, but needless to say, the data is "hidden" to us, as in without some firmware modification to our standalone drives, we can not read/write this data.

Look at the PS2, Xbox, whatever you wish, we know where, and what the "hidden" security data is, but still can not replicate it with standalone burners, and sadly this will mostlikely be the case with the PS3.

But then again, who wants to pay $10 for every BD-R? Much easier to throw it on a USB HDD, stream it over a network, or install it on the PS3.
    Last edited by CJPC; 12-27-2008 at 11:02 PM

It really bugs me when people keep asking about when the PS3 will be hacked. The answer is as always WHEN IT'S DONE!

People spend a LOT of time trying different angles of attack on the machine - don't worry - it'll eventually happen, in the mean time enjoy renting games if you're too tight in the wallet to buy games (heck if you're tight in the wallet why did you get a PS3?)

I predict late 2009/ early 2010, why? Its my gut feeling... Its not going to be hacked any time soon, thats for sure.

I would really like a homebrew ps2 emulator when it is though

adrianc1982: all points considered and taken, i'd really like to be able to play ps2 games on my ps3 (i dun have the backwards compatability). Ur not a douche bag after all cheers lol

sorry about the misunderstanding btw... from your initial post i thought u were an unknowledgeable rich homebrew hating kid lol... ofcourse nothing is wrong with being rich... heck i wish i was.

wow... ur from mexico... don't think i've ever spoken to anyone from there before.

CJPC: not sure if u were referring to my post with the comment about the hypervisor... yep i know what u said is true, i just expressed myself very badly, i'm surprised u took the time to read that post though lol.

How would you even go about making a copy of a BD? Can you just copy it to the PS3 HDD?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast