From his page, to quote roughly translated: This PS3 CFW is installed directly into the NAND has been tested in different models of console (FAT and Slim, reported in the main post) and without any bricking or similar problem.
The testers have reported a high stability in the CFW and the same compatibility with games that could be obtained with different dongles.
The main core of the payload is based on Hermes, also has some features of PL3 and supplementary code and improved by Waninkoko.
Attempted to create an application that enable / disable the payload, so that after leaving a manager backup Blu-ray was functional. After some testing has not been able to be operational, it would be desirable for the various backups managers were in charge of implementing such functionality or may be added in a later CFW.
Custom PS3 Firmware v3.55 v2
Developed by Waninkoko
This custom firmware for the PS3 increases the system capabilities of your console to allow installation and execution of homebrew applications.
This Custom Firmware can also allow the loading of legal copies (backups) using these new functions. We do not support or support the use of illegal copies. We are not responsible for any damage caused by use of the Custom Firmware.
1. Download the firmware 3.55 for PS3 (PS3UPDAT.PUP file).
2. PS3UPDAT.PUP file patched using the patch included in this package using the application bsdiff (http://www.daemonology.net/bsdiff).
3. PUP file installs the patch as normal firmware upgrade. (If you're in the version 3.55 you need to install from the recovery mode.)
PS3 MODELS TESTED:
PS3 40GB FAT (CECHG04)
PS3 60GB FAT (CECHC04)
PS3 80GB FAT (CECHK04)
120GB PS3 Slim (CECH2004A)
120GB PS3 Slim (CECH2104A)
PS3 Slim 250GB (CECH2004B)
KUDOS TO OUR TESTERS:
I regret the situation once again produced with my V1. The solution to this problem is not simple and is not expected in the short term.
I have a couple questions for those who installed.
1. I have 3.41, If I install this will my signed psn games still work?
2. Bluray movies still work since payload is integrated?
3. Do we use 3.41 signed homebrew or 3.55?
4. As stated above can it install unsigned packages?
Using ps3tools and IDA with xorloser's plugin you can easily see it's PL3 with nothing more than load-alignment into 3.55 lv2 SELFs. Also if you're going to use other peoples work, that works, you shouldn't attack them when your lack of knowledge ends up glitching your implementations.
Sits back and waits for the brick reports to roll in... "improved by Waninkoko"