Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Wink Waninkoko Releases PS3 CFW 3.55 V2 Custom Firmware

Sponsored Links
    Following his initial release from just under two weeks ago, today Spanish PlayStation 3 developer Waninkoko has updated his PS3 CFW to 3.55 V2 Custom Firmware.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - right-click, save as) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #1) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #3) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #4) / [Register or Login to view links] (patched PUP - Mirror #5)

PUP MD5: 6a6cfc701300c95b57b990d8d609e52f
    PUP SHA1: a4f155711bbb031022d0c531d70a0b7a180b7aca

From his page, to quote roughly translated: This PS3 CFW is installed directly into the NAND has been tested in different models of console (FAT and Slim, reported in the main post) and without any bricking or similar problem.

The testers have reported a high stability in the CFW and the same compatibility with games that could be obtained with different dongles.

The main core of the payload is based on Hermes, also has some features of PL3 and supplementary code and improved by Waninkoko.

Attempted to create an application that enable / disable the payload, so that after leaving a manager backup Blu-ray was functional. After some testing has not been able to be operational, it would be desirable for the various backups managers were in charge of implementing such functionality or may be added in a later CFW.

Custom PS3 Firmware v3.55 v2
    Developed by Waninkoko
    [Register or Login to view links]

DESCRIPTION:

This custom firmware for the PS3 increases the system capabilities of your console to allow installation and execution of homebrew applications.

This Custom Firmware can also allow the loading of legal copies (backups) using these new functions. We do not support or support the use of illegal copies. We are not responsible for any damage caused by use of the Custom Firmware.

INSTALLATION:

1. Download the firmware 3.55 for PS3 (PS3UPDAT.PUP file).
    2. PS3UPDAT.PUP file patched using the patch included in this package using the application bsdiff ([Register or Login to view links]).
    3. PUP file installs the patch as normal firmware upgrade. (If you're in the version 3.55 you need to install from the recovery mode.)

PS3 MODELS TESTED:
    • PS3 40GB FAT (CECHG04)
    • PS3 60GB FAT (CECHC04)
    • PS3 80GB FAT (CECHK04)
    • 120GB PS3 Slim (CECH2004A)
    • 120GB PS3 Slim (CECH2104A)
    • PS3 Slim 250GB (CECH2004B)

KUDOS:
    • Team fail0verflow
    • Kakarot
    • Flukes1
    • Hermes

KUDOS TO OUR TESTERS:
    • Jgade
    • Etxe
    • EXXtreme
    • Vasolechecongalletas
    • Carpi
    • Mibaito
    • Juaniyoalm
    • XP10SiV

NOTES:

I regret the situation once again produced with my V1. The solution to this problem is not simple and is not expected in the short term.

Waninkoko Releases PS3 CFW 3.55 V2 Custom Firmware

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can someone check if you can install unsigned packages with this :-)

(those that have not been package_finalize'd)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a couple questions for those who installed.

1. I have 3.41, If I install this will my signed psn games still work?
    2. Bluray movies still work since payload is integrated?
    3. Do we use 3.41 signed homebrew or 3.55?
    4. As stated above can it install unsigned packages?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The playback Blu-ray works.

Moved to the main page now, and +Rep to GotNoUsername for the news. In a little while we will add the full patched links to the first post as well.

Thanks for the great update...

Hope the DNS trick will last some time, so the devs can work in peace on the 3.56 CFW

hi, does anyone know if i can update from Waninkoko Releases PS3 CFW 3.55 V1 Custom Firmware, to Waninkoko Releases PS3 CFW 3.55 V2 Custom Firmware without, having to restore from sonys 3.55? thanks

Using ps3tools and IDA with xorloser's plugin you can easily see it's PL3 with nothing more than load-alignment into 3.55 lv2 SELFs. Also if you're going to use other peoples work, that works, you shouldn't attack them when your lack of knowledge ends up glitching your implementations.

Sits back and waits for the brick reports to roll in... "improved by Waninkoko"

Banned User
    You should be able to just install wani cfw v2 over the top of any ofw/cfw without any problems. I will be installing it later today over the top of wani cfw v1.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News