Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Do I need to go to ofw 3.55 to update to this if i am on Waninanko cfw 3.55 v1?

Banned User

Thumbs Down

Did you read the post directly before yours?

Registered User readysetrelease's Avatar

Cool

I read a user's post saying that wan's new 3.55 won't run some .pkg's that ran fine on Hermes 3.41 and I suppose kmeaw's as well. Anyone else having similar problems? My model is PHAT 80GB CECHE01, currently running kmeaw's with few problemsbut would like to give this a try because I HATE having to keep a disc in the drive to play GOW3. Anyone else notice that the disc keeps spinning, potentially wearing out the drive worse than standard (non-jb) use?

Will this cfw let me play dead rising 2 from internal hdd? Cuz I'm on v1 and it freezes after I leave the arena!

Does that include all backups like jailbroken 3.41 or just those off of discs?

Can someone say me, if MKV support or NTFS or so will be included...all i see is the fact, that all cfw support piracy in first place... yeah yeah...backups... -.- Good games are there to get bought.

But something really custom, i haven't seen yet... we can't say that the changed category.xml is something custom... until now, i haven't seen any new function included yet... i know, its not easy...but no one said something about devel. some customs functions. That makes me cry some times... i think in that case, SONY has right...it does support piracy in first place...bitter but it is like that.

Does the V2 works on a FAT 60 GB without bricking now ? Maybe i'll update...and does the psn store still works with dns trick ? i want to buy some psone games...
    Last edited by iloveyou; 01-30-2011 at 04:30 AM

installed from wanki v1 -> v2 throught recovery menu. No problem PS3 Slim 120Gb.

Banned User
    Sounds like you got a bad dump, either download it again or even better, go buy or rent it and dump it yourself to make sure its a good backup.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveyou View Post
    Can someone say me, if MKV support or NTFS or so will be included...
    Are they supported in 3.55? NO? So why do you think a CFW will add support for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetrelease View Post
    I read a user's post saying that wan's new 3.55 won't run some .pkg's that ran fine on Hermes 3.41 and I suppose kmeaw's as well. Anyone else having similar problems? My model is PHAT 80GB CECHE01, currently running kmeaw's with few problemsbut would like to give this a try because I HATE having to keep a disc in the drive to play GOW3. Anyone else notice that the disc keeps spinning, potentially wearing out the drive worse than standard (non-jb) use?
    This will install PKGs that are made for 3.41 and only run if they are signed. The homebrew signed PKGs for 3.55 wont install as they are signed differently and not compatible with Wani's CFW.

So far all 3.41 homebrew will install but if its not signed it won't run. Some 3.55 will work like the latest MultiMan but I had many problems with Gaia. Gaia wouldn't even install till the latest version and when it did install it didn't run.

I've only tested this CFW for about 20 mins and its just about the same as V1 but more stable.
    Last edited by Jes03; 01-30-2011 at 07:20 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Big Grin

I updated to Waninkoko CFW v2 from an original 3.41. Updated via XMB. It works like a charm!

Tested on a CECH2104A (slim 120GB) with Multiman (latest release 1.14.01) and Rogero, all my backups work! Really impressive!

Thanks, but no, thanks! I wouldn't touch any of Waninkoko's CFWs, Wutangrza + Kmeaw is working good here, but nice to see some alternatives, maybe Brickinkoko should work on a project to restore the hundreds of PS3 his CFW bricked around the globe.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast