Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just got my blackcat in 1 hour ago, It worked.. but strange, when I tried use that led fix hex file,but my ps3 just popup a message with unknown usb device, so I change back with the thinnpikkins hex and work out fine!
    Last edited by ldh888; 09-05-2010 at 11:53 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I had the same results. The LED Fix hex file did not work but the original worked fine.

Note: I have had the PS3 crash on boot ones using this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes After working on this all night following all directions for multiple boards and tring different hex and stuff. I found the problem with the 1.5 board... This is something stupid 2.. The ps3 need a short usb cable hooked up with this blackcat... I have tested a few sizes and the one I got to work was a 3fter. I then had gone back and tested different hexes and most of them work correctly... I hope this helps out cuz it was driving me nuts cuz I knew I was following the directions correctly and watching the videos exactly..

well at first the cables i was using to the ps3 were 5 and 6 ft er and they flashed alright... but the console never got exploited... The I found a 3ft cable and i hooked it up and it worked,,, So yea Id say anything shorter than 3ft would work... Thats if you get it to flash with the other previous steps...

I am able to flash using the Flip 3.4.1 with any of the cables lengths..To flash switches have to be placed towards the tcisno 1.5... then I hit the button to put into program mode... After the flash was successful I put the switches back in to the on position (Towards the usb port).. After I had flashed the black cat my PC always saw a generic usb hub... But with the ps3 I needed to use the 3ft cable for it to recognize the exploit...

-CrazyAznEL

Thank you for posting this! I was starting to go insane.. I have both a fat and a slim ps3.. The fat worked fine with the 6ft cable that came with my Blackcat.. but the slim would not work no matter how many times I tried.. Didn't even think about the cable since the fat ps3 worked with no problem...

After reading this, I scoured the house looking for cables.. found 2 more 6 footers.. tried em.. didn't work.. then finally found a 3 footer and that's what it was..

Are others getting the slim to work with the 6ft cable?

Here still waiting for my blackcat, has already shipped and left the US now. Hope its gets to my door not too long from now.

I am having a tough time trying to move the hex the the black cat, here is what is going on... I have been watching the video from page 2 post # 11 and I make it up until the 4:13 mark is where I have the problem. I end up getting the found new hardware wizard coming up in windows:

Please wait while the wizard searches at90usb162, Cannot install this hardware, crm.atmel.ftp.ispexception, could not open usb device.

Finally my blackcat arrived, funny thing I got impatient yesterday and ordered a maximus and both got delivered to my door today with 1 hour difference!! Damn, oh well, I have another option just in case now.
    Last edited by luffyone; 09-23-2010 at 04:09 PM

anyone know where i can find a psgroove 1.1 hex with fixed leds for blackcat?

Quote Originally Posted by rd8719 View Post
    anyone know where i can find a psgroove 1.1 hex with fixed leds for blackcat?
    You would have to check some of the newer PSGroove threads for updated hex codes... I'm closing this old one now.

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News