Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hackerxide View Post
    would it be possible to post a little tutorial for newbies like me
    According to dcemureviews ([Register or Login to view links]) the process is the same as the PSJailBreak one outlined HERE pretty much.
    Process is exactly the same as the PS Jailbreak...

How to downgrade firmware 3.42/3.50 or above to firmware 3.41 with E3 Card Reader :

1. Insert E3 Card Reader device that has been reprogrammed as downgrader into your console
    2. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject. Your console will turn on and E3 Card Reader will light up red LED followed by blue LED
    3. Turn off system via menu
    4. Remove E3 Card Reader dongle and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory Service Mode.
    5. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive device with 2 files in the root directory:
    1. Modified 3.41 PUP
    2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)
    6. These must be the only files on the USB key and must be placed in the main (root) directory.
    7. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.
    8. The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
    9. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to "System Information".
    10. (Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow step 4, 5, 6 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).
    11. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.
    12. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.
    13. Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of factory service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed. You will need to go through setting up settings configuration.

To go back to E3 Card Reader jailbreak device, just drag back the normal .bin files.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks, yea I understand now I just saw his youtube video with tutorial, it feels great to join the jailbreak community.

My opinion on this item, it is a must buy for anyone who has a ps3 with FW 3.42 or higher.

Is there anyway sony could patch the downgrade?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Oh my god, thank you so much devs! Now time to get me the sweet e3 and start pulling my 3.5 to 3.41 and jailbreak the bad boy Much appreciated devs, really you guys deserve a good vacation in any sunny destination you please

So this only works if you have 3.5? Can it work with 3.4.2 or would one need to go to 3.5 and then have this work?

Edit: My bad... it was in the description and I am very tired and missed it that it works with 3.42.
    Last edited by solidgun; 12-04-2010 at 04:27 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just want to be clear on one thing.. The E3 is a jailbreak with the downgrade ability right? Its not just a way to downgrade the Firmware, and then I have to buy a seperate jailbreak device.

Item description isn't really clear on website, and I am far from an expert on these things.

You are in the same boat as me jacobbones, I need to downgrade and jb, so think this may be cheapest solution. It's only about 13 or so, so looks good.

So is this E3 a Jailbreak with downgrader? or just a downgrader?

I'm not really sure..

The E3 Card Reader is the JailBreak device, and the .BIN file attachment in the first post can be used with it to downgrade a PS3 Firmware 3.50 console.. so yes, it does both.

Great news, can't wait to see a free port of this downgrader!

well E3 is very cheap so it's almost as good as a free porting

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News