Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by niciuffo View Post
    Hi. I installed the 3.41 debug update on my retail EU ps3, but when I turn it on, i hear 5 bips and then the ps3 shut down. Any reply?
    That sounds like a brick, can you stil access recovery menu or use psdowngrade to re-enter sevice mode?

I wonder: since this allows 2.15 debug to be installed, can users then just simply upgrade to 3.41 debug as there console is now fully converted to a PS3test?
    Last edited by DeViL303; 12-02-2010 at 02:50 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by DeViL303 View Post
    That sounds like a brick, can you stil access recovery menu or use psdowngrade to re-enter sevice mode?
    With PSJailbreak, you can restore bricks

Its like pandora for PSP.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    or does it still retain some retail properties? Because as far as I know the actual ps3 Hardware is identical in retail and test models.

I'm not certain you can restore bricks.. Never seen anyone state that bricked consoles can be restored,not even psjailbreak team, it is not exactly the same as Sony's Service JIG. its not the same as Pandora at all.

If this was true about unbricking which I'm sure its not would PSJailbreak team not mention it on thier site, it would be big news?

Because a lot of people including myself had a console bricked due to Firmware update loop problem and I would buy one of these if it guaranteed unbricking.
    Last edited by DeViL303; 12-02-2010 at 03:02 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The team not mention too that the downgrade could be done to 3.15 and other firms

Banned User
    Someone said they have successfully unbricked a console with PSdowngrade software?
    Last edited by DeViL303; 12-02-2010 at 03:06 PM

Here: elotrolado.net/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=1518203&p=1722815503#p172281 5503

The drowngrade failed to a this guy and the PS3 was bricked, here is the log:

[Register or Login to view code]

The guy was scared cause his PS3 don't turn ON and no image.

He copied the 3.50 retail update and the LV1DIAG (don't know the exact name)and the PS3 started again to update, this time fine and now it has 3.50 again

Banned User
    But he was in middle of psdowngrade, probably still in service mode, that's different. I'm talking about a full brick where there is no firmware on ps3, bricked before recovery menu was introduced on example, 1.80 firmware.

If it was a full brick that he recovered from then this is great news and I might even buy one!
    Last edited by DeViL303; 12-02-2010 at 03:17 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think its the same, i explain you the reason.

When you connect the USB (With the payload of service mode)before the PS3 loads the XMB load the payload(Like hermes or kakaroto payload). Then you turn off the PS3 with the service mode ALREADY ACTIVE. Then u put on USB the LV1DIAG + the update and should start.

This is what sony uses in SAT (This i don't know sure but some people time ago received a ps3 from SAT with SERVICE MODE)

Banned User
    You could be right about that, some one need to test this on various bricks! But I would be very doubtbul of this working on earlier firmware as I suspect the same type of USB heap overflow exploit is used to initiate the service mode.

Unless psjailbreak have discovered the real sony JIG but I think that requires a LAN connection as well as usb dongle.
    Last edited by DeViL303; 12-02-2010 at 03:22 PM

This is the real JIG, if not why it runs on 3.50? Sony patched the exploit

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News