Following up on the previous
release, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer http://tizzyt-archive.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/playstation-color-logo-creator-v25.html has updated PS3 Color Logo Creator to v2.50 Beta followed by versions 2.51 and 2.511 with the changes outlined below.
Download: PS3 Color Logo Creator v2.511 (GIMP Mod)
/ PS3 Color Logo Creator v2.51
/ PS3 Color Logo Creator v2.50
- UI has changed.
- Shouldn't have packing errors anymore.
- Does fine if file-size of logo changes.
- No hex-editing.
- There are no more arguments.
- Like prior versions of PCLCV2, (should) creates/extracts all required files.
- CS5 extended instead of CS4.
- Detects when Photoshop is finished extracting (will add in soon).
- Save preview (will add in soon).
- Have not added Code Rebug's Coldboot installer (will add in soon).
- Detects when Photoshop is extracting and when its finished extracting.
- Save preview image during coldboot packing process, saved in the Coldboot folder.
- Code Rebug's Coldboot installer will be extracted to the same location as the application.
: Finished up and implemented the missing things. Version is 2.51.
This version is a slight mod of version 2.51. Instead of Photoshop I have replaced it with GIMP 2.6, DDS plugin is included. For now I will say use with care since I have not figured out what settings need to be set in GIMP to create a successful coldboot, if anything stay away from this version unless you want to test.
I am looking at 2 potential alternatives for Photoshop. One being the one found in this version and the other is Paint.Net.
IF YOU ARE TESTING:
My PS3 is unfortunately not functional and so I want to take this time to request testers. Testers need to keep in mind that installing a messed up coldboot cannot perma-brick your PS3. Testers also must know before hand that if the system does hang or seem to be in a brick state that
they should be ready to reinstall the firmware.
Testers goal is to find a working setting while saving that will create a working coldboot and report it.
ProTip: it is one of the DXT5 options.
Protip2: use save as and not save to get to the different settings that need to be tested.
- Replaced bundled Photoshop with gimp 2.6 portable (added dds plugin).
- Kind of stupid of me but added a close button in the help menu.
- Changed the browse window to browse to any editor and not just Photoshop.exe
- Update help menu with editing/saving information.
- Fix the issue of not loading preview image on slow computers (maybe sometime soon)
- Get a Paint.Net variant version (maybe)
- Add simple preset animations ex: scroll in from left/right/top/bottom (possibly sooner then later)
- UI changes (eventually going to happen)
More PlayStation 3 News