Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GZA1984 View Post
    Ok so he backed up a game on an external HDD and loaded it from there. Doesn't the PS3 only recognize FAT32 external devices? How did he manage to backup a game that's obviously at least twice the 4 GB on a FAT32 formatted HDD? Or did he backed it up on a NTFS formatted HDD. If so how did his PS3 recognized the NTFS HDD. Doesn't make sense to me.

Besides that the date smells a bit fishy. For the last 3 years now we've seen each year around X-mas and NYE some videos uploaded to youtube about "playing backups" on a PS3.
    The maximum size of a file is 4gb, you can still put smaller files on disc to make up to more than 4gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by mckarlsson View Post
    He's on playstation network icon, and the background is changing all time.

If there is a disc inside the ps3 the background will only change if youre going to Game and than the disc or not?
    Smells like fake, but would be nice when not ^^
    maybe its a "whats new" exploit.

Its probably fake though and I'm slightly pissed. Which kid thought this was funny?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    The maximum size of a file is 4gb, you can still put smaller files on disc to make up to more than 4gb.
    i can copy 8GB MPG files onto my PS3 HDD.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by stoprocent View Post
    i can copy 8GB MPG files onto my PS3 HDD.
    From across a network via DLNA, yes.

From a non-FAT32 drive (eg: NTFS/extfs), not a chance.

Banned User

Big Grin

Yeah i can copy 14gb video files over using ps3 media server, maybe it splits the files, anyway surely this would be like walking through and airport with a missile in your pocket, how did this ever get missed, says it all really, has to be fake.

Lightbulb

To play devil's advocate to the "this is fake" people hehe.. what also bugs me about this is the first video was uploaded on December 31, 2009 by TheIndianKhan and the second was uploaded on January 01, 2010 by Riberygehtab.

So it seems to be a recent fake, if so... with both "fakes" by different YouTube users. Or maybe it's the same YouTube user with two accounts, one Indian and one German?

Backing up your games can't be illegal. If anyone wants to get all detective on this you can rip the audio from the vid and play around with it to get the background music loud. see if that breaks up. Watching the vid, he's either on the PC with a high res vid playing of the PS3 GUI or doing it the hard way with video tools.

Quote Originally Posted by GZA1984 View Post
    Ok so he backed up a game on an external HDD and loaded it from there. Doesn't the PS3 only recognize FAT32 external devices? How did he manage to backup a game that's obviously at least twice the 4 GB on a FAT32 formatted HDD? Or did he backed it up on a NTFS formatted HDD. If so how did his PS3 recognized the NTFS HDD. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Good point but this doesn't mean by force that's necessary to take an "image" of the whole disk... however..

...if it's not a fake it will bring out from $ony pocket an heavy load of bucks to take it out from the market...

the only doubt is about the disc not showed out from the console before the game loads....at this point it could be absolutely useful to save the BD-unit but not to...replace the BD...this could be a legal stuff either...if it should require the original disc to play the backup from the HDD...if it's not a fake, obviously...
    Last edited by moneymaker; 01-02-2010 at 09:30 AM

Lightbulb

watched the clip again and noticed just at the beginning, before he hooked up the controller to the PS3 you can see the time 14:56. after the hack is launched the time is 14:54 ...

Cool

A little more "investigative" work on the YouTube users:

First Video User:

[Register or Login to view links]

Second Video User:

[Register or Login to view links]

Maybe they are just pals, or the same person with two accounts who made two different videos in two languages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihmi View Post
    watched the clip again and noticed just at the beginning, before he hooked up the controller to the PS3 you can see the time 14:56. after the hack is launched the time is 14:54 ...
    I'd like to check and confirm this.. but the first video doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment. Does it still for anyone?

Banned User
    Turkey ?
    I'm Turkish . When i'm gone in turkey , a man said that he can play backup on his ps3 .

Maybe he uses it

Sorry for my bad english .

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News