Video: Wireless PS3 WVI Mod Has Modern Warfare 2 On The Go

A modder named Techknott has shared a video of a Wireless PS3 WVI Mod he http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=35615 that allows for playing Modern Warfare 2 on the go!

The handheld sends control signals to a PS3 which transmits video signals back to the device, which will soon be available for purchase apparenrly.

To quote: PS3 version of the WVI. Just got it finished(ish) today. Its playable, however, I have blown a TA7176AP chip on the sound reciever board, so while there is sound, its really crap quality until I get it changed - no biggie.

This will be for sale once I get the sound problem sorted out.

Specs are:

-4500maH Li-ion battery's and recharge circuit with built in
    LED capacity meter.
    -5" widescreen LCD
    -AV in port, headphones, usb mini and charge
    -1.2ghz wireless AV receiver and (obviously) ps3 remote.

Check out the video below!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Needs a redesign for easier controlling, but a cool mod.

Smile

A long time ago i said about this though slightly different, my basic difference would be to stream the video over a slingbox via the internet and stream the control signals over the net to your pc wich would use bluetooth to replicate the controler... i never tried it as i wouldnt know where to begin lol but its cool to see others having similier ideas.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreaper View Post
    A long time ago i said about this though slightly different, my basic difference would be to stream the video over a slingbox via the internet and stream the control signals over the net to your pc wich would use bluetooth to replicate the controler... i never tried it as i wouldnt know where to begin lol but its cool to see others having similier ideas.
    to play it on your PC?... why don't you use Open Remote Play to do that? I don't get it. It's like reinventing the wheel... Am I missing something?

Seen this on hackaday also, good mod but case is bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by dc740 View Post
    to play it on your PC?... why don't you use Open Remote Play to do that? I don't get it. It's like reinventing the wheel... Am I missing something?
    Actually the /Open/ Remote Play is almost totally useless 'cause (besides the few exception) you cannot play games with it.
    Another reason to be hacked