Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleeroy View Post
    Excuse me for being ignorant of how most of these jailbreaks work- but how would i go about enabling backups on the ti-89 port?

mainly i'm trying to figure out how i would load hermes 4b on here- i see how to make a load a custom payload but don't know which set of hermes files i should start from?
    I don't have a TI-89, but I am using the TI-84. So I would guess that you would enable the Hermes payload the same way as the 84. Just go under "Options" in the JB program on your TI-89. Then under Stage 1 payload you will want to choose Hermes4b (or whatever you are wanting to run/try). After setting the payload, just do the JB as you would normally (power on, hit eject, etc.). Hope that helps, but again, I don't have the 89 so I could be wrong.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleeroy View Post
    Excuse me for being ignorant of how most of these jailbreaks work- but how would i go about enabling backups on the ti-89 port?

mainly i'm trying to figure out how i would load hermes 4b on here- i see how to make a load a custom payload but don't know which set of hermes files i should start from?
    - Follow the guide included in the readme, and use the port1-descriptor (in binary-format) from hermes 4b as input
    - Upload the output to TI-89
    - Run the jailbreak-app on TI-89 (find it via "var-link"-button)
    - Use the port1-descriptor-file as stage 1 (use "var-link") and remember to enable port 6

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are the links in OP already BDemu enabled?

They are the official release files which don't include support for it as stated in the FAQ:
    Can I use this to play backups?

Backup support is specified in the payload, and the built-in payload does NOT include backup support. External payloads found elsewhere on the internet can be transferred to your calculator and specified in the options menu.

itzbilly: If you don't want to use the hermes payload, I guess you can patch the original example.bin from his website as usual by changing "/dev_xxxx" to "/dev_bdvd" in a hex editor ("2F 64 65 76 5F 78 78 78 78" to "2F 64 65 76 5F 62 64 76 64") and use that payload instead of the default.

I've attached the hermes payload as well as the patched example.bin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Which hermes payload would I have to use? The current hermes I'm using is v4 (with what would be considered to the power of r)

EDIT: nevermind on my post, just saw attachment. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News