Today apanloco has released a Spin Pong PS3 homebrew game for PlayStation 3 JailBreak users along with a video of it in action and the source code.Sponsored Links
Download: Spin Pong PS3 / Spin Pong PS3 Source Code / [Register or Login to view links]
From the ReadMe file: OVERVIEW
Spin Pong is an fun and addictive 2-player Pong game for PS3, with some interesting physics and stereo sound.
This was coded using only a retail unit, using logging over UDP.
- Use left analog stick up/down to move paddles.
- Press X to signal that you are ready. Both players need to signal ready before game starts.
- Press START to signal that you want a game reset. Both players need to signal wants-reset before game starts.
I built this with the 1.92 SDK on windows with msys. Just do this:
- you now have spinpong.pkg
- install as usual
- For homebrew developers check out Log.h/Log.cpp for code to log over network.
- To view the logs, use: $ socat udp-recv:6160 stdout
Sounds are converted from .wav to .raw using:
- for i in *.wav; do sox -V -S $i -r 48000 -e float -b 32 -c 1 -B $i.raw; done because i was too lazy to code a wav loader.
In related PS3 homebrew game news, ThatOtherPerson has released Don't Get Crushed v0.1 (followed by Don't Get Crushed v1.0 with Source Code) which he states the following, to quote:
"Use the left analog stick to move left or right and avoid the other balls as they bounce across the screen. If you get crushed under one of them then its game over and your score is reset to zero. Your high score is automatically saved to your internal hard drive.
dot TOIF (that other image format)
If your looking to mod the game or learn from it and are wondering what the font.toif file is, its image/texture used for the text displayed at the top left corner of the screen (because frack the tiny and pixelated debug font). You can find out why it exists and how to generate your own [Register or Login to view links]."
From his [Register or Login to view links], to quote:
- Analog stick controls have been replaced with sixaxis motion controls
- Corrected the problem with the on screen text
- The graphics shouldn’t look stretched anymore (now the circles are circles)
Just tilt your controller left or right to move left or right"
More PlayStation 3 News...