Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: SKFU's PS3 Exploit Loader and POC v0.1 Arrives!

Sponsored Links
    Yesterday SKFU announced that his PS3 hacking team started a PS3 Blu-ray drive Project, and today he is back with a PS3 Exploit Loader and POC v0.1 release!

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / SKFU's PS3 Exploit Loader and POC v0.1 (Mirror)

While many are still hoping for PS3 Custom Firmware, this proof-of-concept appears to mimick GeoHot's PS3 Custom Themes Hack Demonstration, however, instead of using PlayStation 3 .RCO File editing via RCOMage or similar, SKFU utilizes the Sony application p3tcompiler.exe from the official SDK.

To quote from SKFU: "So here is the result of the simple idea. The first code which is 100% PS3 only compatible. No flash, no bd-java or similar. The actual exploit is not finished. This is just the loader you will need and a proof of concept of the methode used to load it.

This is a beta version of the POC as I'm too tired to finish it now but I don't wanna' let you wait so long. Here you go:

How 2 Use:

1. Install loader.p3t like a common theme file.
    2. Put loadme.fu on an USB stick's root dir.
    3. Insert USB device into any PS3 USB port.
    4. Enable the theme you just installed before.
    5. Hello World.

How It Works:

The PS3 theme file is able to load the loadme.fu script from any USB port. The script is executed. The "loader" is for future-use aswell to load any .fu files which I'll release. Stay tuned for updates!"

Shortly following, SKFU [Register or Login to view links] on the PS3 Exploit Loader and POC v0.1, as follows:

"SKFU's Exploit Loader - What it is and what not
    Some of you may expect a little bit too much out of this. The code used runs in a very restricted area. Currently we test how far we can go into direction "overflow" and system param's we can access.

So far it's possible to command the script a bit via system parameters like the clock. The clock can be used as provider of input, for example to command simple textures in different directions or similar.

This is no exploit yet, if you may have missed that statement in the prior post. It's just a way to load scripts via USB now.

Further tests will show us what is possible at all. The information needed was given to several more devs so they can take part in the action.

- SKFU"

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    installation works... "I'm really great, I'm the best in the worldat EVERYTHING. I've been on TV and stuff." + geohot picture... lol

at least something new... i'm curious

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Woa, that was quick... I will test this later and see if it works. If it does, kudos to SKFU for this!

Cheers

i can confirm this as working! tested it by deleting loadme.fu from usb after installing the theme -> it stopped working and went back to PS3 Standard Theme...

copied the loadme.fu back to the USB Device -> working again

I didn't want him to release it... Now $ony will fix it in the next firmware release... and what did we get?

$ony took Linux away without any reason, cause now there is another hack
    $ony will fix the issue in the next firmware release. So Ps3 Move will require the latest non exploitable firmware.
    The exploit was in a really early stage, so it wasn't that useful after all.

I really hope I'm wrong about this. but it's pretty obvious that the exploit won't last more than a month... Sony removed a completely useful and very important functionality: Linux, in order to stop piracy... Do you really think they won't do anything about this? I don't think so.

I want to be wrong this time. I hope this gets us Linux, PS2 emulation, and running backups. Time will tell..

Big Grin

My netbook is dying here with this site, skfu and the file!

Well i tested it, nice diss to Geohot. But not sure it's a real hello world, only an animation on background.

WOW thats really awesome! SKFU has done it Hello World on PS3.

It is legit I tried it already a few times. You just have to install the theme and if you already have the loadme.fu in root of the usb will it will start if you dont it seems like a normal theme but if have it.... well I won't spoil it for you to see.

Its a matter of small time for skfu to do the trick, oh man skfu is great. He has done it guys and gals. That's the moment we all been waiting for. SKFU you are the man. A big THNX from all of us.

Dynamic theme lolz

"Work" on fw3.15 but not in 2.52.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News