Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    With this exploit, although its run in a "sandbox", can it access files? If so, can it write to files? If it could, it would make getting into areas previously only accessable with the geohot exploit possible to the average end user.

If the images it needs can only reside in the "loadme.fu" file itself, would it be possible to domehow corrupt the USB to make it read further than whats actually there, say getting a 512mb USB, and putting a "loadme.fu" file that is supposedly 4GB on it (mess with the partition file headers, it's definitly possible, my USB has become corrupted before and had massive files appear that cant be deleted)?

From there, if the PS3 loaded something dodgy, like RAM or part fo the harddrive when it exceeded the size of the USB, you could get the loadme.fu file to read from that area, and show it on the screen, maybe even write to it. It's all hypothetical, and I don't really know the PS3's security, but it may be worth a try. Just my noob thoughts on the matter.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    From what I see they are using some XML property to load resources from USB. It's not really an exploit yet unless you consider something the vendor left in as such. If you could script it you could fuzz it, question is what LPAR is that.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    This also works with SD Cards if you change Dev_usb to Dev_sd.

so let me get this right this exploit loader will be like where you install the theme and when we have the exploit which is not yet released by skfu. it will load it so basicly this theme does nothing yet, but it will do when he releases the exploit or am i getting something wrong?

oh and also is this exploit the one which he did the backups or is this another project he has cause i read that he had succeeded on running backups from hardrive which is really big news.

well guess only time will tell... just hope he doesn't become like geohot and doesn't share.

Correct, and yep... I believe this is just a side project they stumbled across during the ongoing PS3 Blu-ray Drive Project.

does it work with the new firmware update?

Yes, it's been confirmed several times in the last 8 pages including HERE to work with 3.30 FW. Basically it works with any PS3 Firmware version that supports Dynamic PS3 Themes.

is it actually an exploit? what can we do with that in the future? i mean is it actually AWESOME for ps3 retail?

According to SKFU's last update, it's just a loader for an exploit which hasn't been found/released yet.
    This is no exploit yet, if you may have missed that statement in the prior post. It's just a way to load scripts via USB now. Further tests will show us what is possible at all.

well then guess i'll have to wait again and just hope someone releases something so i can get homebrew on ps3 like on the psp. go skfu and hadesteam, to hell with geohot.. i thought he was going to release stuff and be the one to bring homebrew to the ps3 but guess all he cares about is fame.

just hate having to wait until someone releases something, wish i could learn to help since i have all the time in the world, i don't go to school or work so i could work 24/7.

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News