Following up on the PS3 Save Game Tools Pack by Flat_z, today PlayStation 3 developer K.G 971 has released a PS3 Save Resigner and updates below that allow the resigning of game save files for retail OFW or on CFW from any regions and any accounts.
Download: PS3 Save Resigner Homebrew Application / PS3 Save Resigner Homebrew Application (Mirror) / PS3 Save Resigner v1.1 Homebrew Application / PS3 Save Resigner v1.3 Homebrew Application / PS3 Save Resigner v1.4 Homebrew Application / PS3 Save Resigner v1.4 Homebrew Application (Mirror) / .NET Framework 4 (Required)
To quote: Hi guys this is a PS3 save resigner. Thanks to flat_z for his amazing work. The games.conf is from aldostool. This is just for people who needs an easier way to use flat_z's tool. Credit goes to flat_z for his pfdtool.
You can resign any saves from any regions to any regions. From any accounts to any accounts. You can also remove the copy-protection.
It's easy to use, and very user-friendly. It works for Retail PS3. All you have to do is search for the keys on Internet (watch the video).
Updates: PS3 Save Resigner v1.1 homebrew application is now available (linked above) and includes the following updates:
How it works:
- added an option for modders: Decrypt the entire game save folder. It decrypts the game save folder for you, then it waits for you to mod what you want in it, and then it recrypts and resigns it.
Follow the video exept that instead of clicking "resign", you will click decrypt. Then , once you are done modding, click "Encrypt & Resign". Done. You can still select the first way if you are not planning to mod the file, just hit "Resign".
PS3 Save Resigner 1.3 Changelog:
PS3 Save Resigner 1.4 Changelog:
- Added some features
- Added "Copy params of a specified game" option: To all those who were getting corruption errors (Tekken ect..), this version may fix them.
- Make sure to select the "Copy params of a specified game" option, and load the PARAM.SFO of your version of the game that you try to resign a save to.
- Decrypt option updated: When you decrypt a game save folder, it's now in the folder "Decrypted Save Folders".
- Attempt to fix the XP problem.
Note: the games.conf is updated regularly by aldostools, so i will update the new file each times in the "dropbox folder". You will have to replace the old one by the updated one in the tool's folder.
- Fixed Windows XP problems. Now it works for everyone. BIG thanks to RuiGR for his great help.
- syscon_manager_key=D413B89663E1FE9F75143D3BB456527 4
- keygen_key=6B1ACEA246B745FD8F93763B920594CD53483B8 2
- savegame_param_sfo_key=0C08000E090504040D010F00040 6020209060D03
- fallback_disc_hash_key=D1C1E10B9C547E689B805DCD971 0CE8D
How to Use Someone Else's PS3 Game Save Guide - Liberating Your PS3 Game Save from gingerbread:
Method 1 - Pseudo Save Resigning
Step 1: You have to be on CFW to perform these steps. Open PARAM.SFO in any Hex Editor (i.e HxD, Hex Workshop, Ultra Edit and etc.). It does not matter which hex editor you use because all can represent data in raw and have copy/paste/find options which are sufficient.
Step 2: The "Account ID" which identifies Your user account and PSN. The Account ID always starts at (0x140) and always have 16 bytes and the length is 10.
Step 3: Replace it with your values and you have to do it twice. First at 0x140. The second offset address is somewhere in the file. Use Search and use the original value to perform a search and replace it. The address of 2nd "Account ID" is constant only with the same game save title, it's different for different games.
Step 4: The Second ID is "console id" which identifies Your console (don't mislead it with IDPS). It also have 16 bytes and also is not on constant offset.
Step 5: Third ID is user number account (for example: for "dev_hdd0/home/00000001/" will be 01)). In the example above, it is 48. There are in two position that 48 is.
Step 6: You can't simply copy back your save using XMB. It will most likely give you an error. You have to FTP back to your save folder and overwrite the files.
Note: The method works most of the time but could result in corrupted saves. If the game is design to regenerate a new save, it usually creates a new working save.
Method 2 - Fake Save Data Owner
Info: Only available in Debug FW or Rebug's CFW.
Info: Allows use of save data from other users and displays a warning message at every load/save during the game. Once a save data has been saved with this features activated, that save couldn't be read with this function deactivated.
Off: deactivate the Fake Save Data Owner function.
On: activate the Fake Save Data Owner function.
Note: There is a notification of the "Caution: Fake Save Data Owner On" every-time when any game is saving. It can be very annoying.
Method 3 - Changing Your PS3's Console ID. WARNING: May cause RSOD if done wrongly.
Step 1: Use FTP to transfer a file name xRegistry.sys from your CFW PS3 to your PC (located at /dev_flash2/etc/)
Step 2: Useing Hex Editor application to open a file named PARAM.SFO from any of your save data. Go to offset 140 you'll see your PSN account serial in a 16 digits format, copy that 16 digits and paste it somewhere (notepad or something). Look at Method 1.
Step 3: Open xRegistry.sys with the xRegistry editor (I recommend you to BACKUP the file before you edit it)
Step 4: Now you have to edit the following fields:
Step 5: Save the file and FTP it back to your CFW PS3.
/setting/user/(account number)/npaccount/accountid === add your 16 digits PSN account serial here
/setting/user/(account number)/npaccount/loginid === your PSN email here
/setting/user/(account number)/npaccount/password === your PSN password here
/setting/user/(account number)/ytaccount/password === your PSN password here
/setting/user/(account number)/net/onlineFlag === if this value is 00000000, change it to 00000001
Note: Now you suppose to be able to share your save data (that locked to PSN ID) between the 2 PS3s like they're the same machine. You can also hack the game with cheat PKG or other solutions on CFW PS3 and then transfer the save to OFW PS3 and continue collecting trophies with hacked saves.
Method 4 - PS3 Save Resigner by K.G (100% Real Save Resigning)
Download: PS3 Save Resigner Homebrew Application by K.G 971
Method 5 - PS3 Bruteforce Save Data by Aldostools (100% Real Save Resigning)
For Resigning PS3 Save Data
Step 1: Edit the global.conf and enter your console_id. (Ctrl+H)
Step 2: Click "Set PARAM.SFO as Template" and Select "Configure Profiles" and Pick a Profile from 1 - 5
Step 3: A Dialog Box will appear, Select "PARAM.SFO" from your save.
Step 4: Give a Name For your Profile.
Step 5: Bulit PARAM.SFO from template (Ctrl+B)
For Decrypting/Encrypting PS3 Save Data
Step 1: Edit the global.conf and enter your console_id. (Ctrl+H)
Step 2: Copy a PARAM.SFO with your account_id as template.sfo in the folder of Bruteforce Save Data (Ctrl+T)
Step 3: Scan the folder with the saves (the Key should be listed).
Step 4: If the key is not available, double click on the save and select the EBOOT.ELF to bruteforce the key (use the scetool commands above to extract the ELF)
Step 5: Once you have the secure_file_id for your game, select the following command in that order:
Step 5a: Update Account ID and Copy Parameters
Step 5b: Patch SFO: Remove Copy Protection
Step 5c: Decrypt PFD
Step 5d: Update PFD
Step 5e: Encrypt PFD
Step 5f: Verify PFD
The buttons are placed in that order... so it is easy to select:
Update Account ID -> Patch SFO -> Decrypt PFD -> Update PFD -> Encrypt PFD -> Verify PFD
Method 6 - Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 (100% Real Save Resigning)
Commercial method: Game Genie for PS3 (thegamegenie.com/ps3/ -and- forum.thegamegenie.com/viewforum.php?f=8) is a save editor. The main function of this product is to modify your saves. There is also a secondary function to Resign your someone else's save and make it yours. It even works for copy-protected saves (You need CFW).
Method 7 - Xploder PS3 Ultimate Cheats System
Commercial method: xploder.net/playstation-3/products/244/Xploder-PS3-Ultimate-Cheats-System.htm
From JeoWay comes a PS3 Save Resigner by K.G Tutorial, as follows:
Hello! To start off, all tools and programs are linked at the end. REQUIRES .Net Framework 4 and msvr100.dll !!!
1) Open up the Save Resigner.
2) In the tabs, go to "Customized Profile Settings"
3) Go the options to "Enter Public Keys"
4) Enter in the Public Keys into the Correct Lines.
5) Press "Save Keys" (So you don't have to enter on startup)
6) Copy over *YOUR* save data from the PS3.
7) Locate "Enter Private Keys".
8) Either enter the values in yourself or load YOUR param.sfo from YOUR Save.
9) Now click save Profile (As either 01, 02, or 03)
10) On the tabs, go back to "Save Resigner"
11) Go to File > Open > Locate Modded Save Data
12) After mod save is loaded, you can change region by editing the Game ID.
13) (Don't edit the Console, Account, or User ID's)
14) Now select a profile to resign to.
15) Either decrypt the save and then edit and re-encrypt and resign OR...
16) Simply click "Resign" and use it.
17) Sometimes it still says corrupt after resign so you need to copy params.
FIXING CORRUPT ISSUES
1) Check the box of copy params of a specific game.
2) If you get an error, you need to install msvr100.dll (Link Below)
3. Now select "Resign", and it MAY fix the corrupt issue.
(I have had this problem with Sound Shapes Game Save)
DOWNLOAD LINKSFinally, Flat_z has also Tweeted (twitter.com/flat_z/status/294371165760274432) that he has reversed the whole PS3 emu encryption, stating: ps2_netemu (config, .enc, virtual memory cards cryptography) pwned
More PlayStation 3 News...