Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PS3 SFO Editor Linux Edition v1.0.0 is Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Today Red Squirrel from Italian site PSP-Cheats.it (linked above) has released PS3 SFO Editor Linux Edition v1.0.0 for those who prefer not to use the previously released Homebrewed PS3 System File Editor v0.80 Windows version, followed shortly by a GUI version.

Download: PS3 SFO Editor Linux Edition v1.0.0 / PS3 SFO Editor GUI Linux Edition v1.0.0

From the ReadMe file:

What's it?

It's a Linux GUI to view and edit PS3's PARAM.SFO files. It does NOT contain any Sony's code or function, so it's a free homebrew at 100%. With the easy GUI you will can edit all PARAM.SFO parameters in just a moment, then the program will convert your choises automatically and it will write them in a new PARAM.SFO.

Disclaimer

This is the first public release of this program and even if many deep tests have been made maybe there are yet some bugs. Use it at your own risk. If you find a bug please contact me at my website or my email to report it.

Note: If you experience issues, it executes properly with ./PS3_SFO_Editor_LE.gambas from terminal.

Changelog v1.0.0:

- Easy and user-friendly GUI.
    - Possibility to change ALL parameters in PARAM.SFO.
    This means you can edit: Version, App. Version, Title ID, Default Title, Localized Titles, Parental Lock Level, Required Firmware, ID Online (if present), Category, Video Resolution, Audio Formats and Remote Play option.
    - Possibility to view an advanced grid with all effective PARAM.SFO keys and values.

GUI Changelog v1.0.0:

-Possibility to extract free PS3's packages (those packages that don't require a license!).
    -Possibility to make your own homebrew packages (for install them in your Jailbroken PS3).

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i don't even know what to say... praise. If this prevents 3.42 game attacks you deserve all the credit one can give.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Any confirmation yet if the firmware update is bypass-able? This is indeed great news!

- I suppose next is another editing program to edit the fw number

edit: would this theoretically work to edit the backup managers id as well?
    Last edited by Kiriller; 09-22-2010 at 12:39 AM

Looks like this can indeed defeat the certain FW level nag we will all be dealing with soon enough. This is yet again excellent news!

is there any way to use this on windows without using any form of linux including virtual box? do not want to use up my hard drive space just for this one app. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by muny21 View Post
    is there any way to use this on windows without using any form of linux including virtual box? do not want to use up my hard drive space just for this one app. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    Use a live version of linux, such as Ubuntu. You can burn the image to a disc and run it from the disc without installing or you can run linux from a usb flash drive. Google search linuxliveusb

Quote Originally Posted by 51N15T3R View Post
    Use a live version of linux, such as Ubuntu. You can burn the image to a disc and run it from the disc without installing or you can run linux from a usb flash drive. Google search linuxliveusb
    thanks for your help.

Wow... what OS is he using?? Keep up the good work!!

That would be Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Linx). A great app, easy to use and great on the functions. Only thing better would be having this in a Backup Manager, so you could change the options while inside it.

if you change to 3.42, is that possible to play on line?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News