Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    "I won't tell you how, I did this cause I was bored"... I didn't know Mathieulh was 10 years old...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    More like 8 -- what a TWAT! At least - if you want to bask in glory, learn first how to shoot the videos (preferably by using the proper capture - cheap USB tool cost peanuts nowadays) or at least put the camera somewhere stable instead of jerking it off in your shaking hands ...

And while I understand the decision of posting this as news (here as well as elsewhere) I still strongly disagree with doing so as this is exactly what's boosting the morron's ego

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I second banning the videos,

The funny thing is he is ruining his own rep/name by releasing these videos without releasing the methods/technique used. I guess in his mind he's gaining fame.

No one talk about the "guy" who released the video. The fame is in the "guy" who released the hack/mod, he can learn something from geohot.

</rant>

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    More like 8 -- what a TWAT! At least - if you want to bask in glory, learn first how to shoot the videos (preferably by using the proper capture - cheap USB tool cost peanuts nowadays) or at least put the camera somewhere stable instead of jerking it off in your shaking hands ...

And while I understand the decision of posting this as news (here as well as elsewhere) I still strongly disagree with doing so as this is exactly what's boosting the morron's ego
    I agree completely. These "look at what I can do, but I can't share it" videos are getting annoying and might as well be fakes. How about instead of announcing the discovery and taking credit for something you can't release, you just release it anonymously or under a false alias? Releasing a video under your own name just means Sony is going to pin the blame on you when someone else figures it out and makes it available.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhen View Post
    I think I am with the majority of the people here, why even post anything this tool does. he brings it to the attention of the masses but never does he do a thing for the rest of the people out there, I do hope sony throws the book at this guy...
    I hear ya, but as you can imagine if we didn't post it then people would see the videos on other sites and post them here anyway.

I am sure like other attention-seeking PS3 hackers he too is in Sony's radar. I think he even said that Sony sent him a C&D against posting new keys, although Sony sent just about everyone C&D's for anything they deem illegal... so I guess it won't mean much until they actually file a lawsuit like they did with GeoHot.

Until then all we can do is look down on Mathieulh playing gladiator in Sony's arena for our amusement, at least with the PS3 scene slowing down since the GeoHot fiasco it gives us something to talk about.

true boss, its sad to see how quiet its been lately, hope something big comes soon... he must be a sad, lonely geek this mathieulh idiot..
    guess i can't talk.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 9nihn View Post
    ... I once saw a vid about a unicorn named charlie... until they can prove it happened it's just another fable...
    BLASPHEMY!!!! Charlie is as real as my uncle's 3-titted grandmother!!! And I would post a video on the internet for you to see, but she won't let me!!!

As for Mr E-Peen ... Perhaps he doesn't have a current job - what better CV than strutting your stuff for everyone to see? Wasn't he the one telling $ony they must employ him to manage the securities on the PS3??

No doubt this man is talented, and I am inclined to believe the progress he makes, but this is nothing more than a publicity stunt!! (as was hacking 3.60)

Let's hope $ony pisses him off so he releases anonymously... until then GROW UP FREAKSHOW!!!

downgrade not possible

tested on my 3.55 (rebug) firmware.

nice, i remember way back when he was talking about how debug fw probably would run fine if you set the debug flag, i think he hinted how to. No idea tho if QA and debug flag would be the same.

on a side note: Mathieulh is awesome, he's sharing a lot. You people saying he's just growing hes e-*****, i mean c'mon would you like to get struck by sony? Give the guy a break, i guess he might hint about this like hes done with the 3.55+ exploit. So when fixes show up for 3.55+ he is probably the one that made it possible with he's hinting!

Thank you for all your hard work, sorry for all offtopic ranting i just had to ^^

For fear of this thread spiralling out of control, I have to oppose you - Sorry Eikii, but I can't agree. If he is scared, then he can release his findings anonymously. He brags about his accomplishments and then refuses to share. Now be honest - what is the point? I just can't see the point.

This is the same as EgoHot who didn't want to release and there was a huge thread about him being a hypocrite (which I totally agreed with). Him bragging about progress, showing it to the world and then saying "but you can't have it" is childish. He can keep it to himself for that matter.

As far as giving the guy a break - it is difficult to do that when he constantly uses this tactic to advertise himself! And him being "probably" the one who made fixes possible - this is mere speculation like the easter bunny (sorry to upset those who believed in the bunny)

What I will agree on though, is that he is talented. I don't think anyone can dispute this. But he shouldn't act this way.
    Last edited by OGroteKoning; 05-14-2011 at 06:30 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News