Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PS3 Mod with PulseVU 2X Chip and 104 LEDs

Sponsored Links
    Recently alexman101 has won the grand prize in an AcidMods content for his PS3 Mod, complete with 104 LEDs coupled with the PulseVU 2X chip.

As shown in the video below (just after the 3-minute mark), the modified PS3 console also "lets the beat rock" with its 104 LEDs.

Below are some pictures of it in the light and dark for those interested, which also show off the modded controller with 9 LEDs.

A lot of work definitely went into this PlayStation 3 modification, and the worklog with pictures throughout the process can be seen [Register or Login to view links]. A nicely modded PS3 indeed!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Nice going Alexman101, great ps3 mod.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A lot of unnecessary work. He could've made an opaque template with lights behind it which would've needed a lot less LEDs and hence power, for a better looking end result.

But, he has Bose headphones and likes "Boom, Boom, Pow", so he's obviously all about image rather than taste.

Sponsored Links

PS3 Mod

Sponsored Links
    Nice work there, any chance of modding controller too with effects?

Quote Originally Posted by ken thompson View Post
    Nice work there, any chance of modding controller too with effects?
    Well, the controller was modded with nine LEDs which create a nice effect to go along with the PS3. Did you mean a different type of effect, and if so what did you have in mind?

Cool

Not bad at all ! I wished for a while now that they do a ps3 official controller with LED light behind the buttons and this is as close as it's get! Very nice work !

wow that's a lot of work... even the pulsing leds... but (i'm a total noob about this) where are the leds and chip taking power from? there'a an external power cord to keep them on or the whole kit is "soldered" and take power from the motherboard directly?

maybe the question could be stupid just i though that every piece needs a very strict range of voltage, and a so complex system of lights could absorb quite a lot of energy if implanted right on the mb

really cool, but would not want the disturbing leds on my ps3

Uh. I like it. Great job.

Wow, that's awesome! Looks really nice. Although it would drive me freakin mad if my PS3 does that next to my TV...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News