Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    kmeaw my man, you do realize you are looking where sony didn't want us to know exsisted. This is why they removed OtherOS due to this named screen of error. I say look deeper and you will find eternal gratification.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    how do i install Linux on ps3 now ??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is what got me interested in the PS3 in the 1st place. Using Linux on the PS3. Thank you very much.

Just a noob question, from me. I was hoping to try YDL, as I understand it developed for Sony, and works well with all the insides, Is it that good? or is there better Linux distro's now?

Thanks

Is it out already? That was fast!

Banned User
    I don't get it? AsbestOS needs Lv2v9 which is a 3.55 kmeaw addon/hen but its for 3.41 only???

I'm interested in Linux with GUI from GameOS. So I can still play my games but also use Linux. Which one does this? Oh, I'm on 3.55Wani-v2

been following this on the irc, and it should be noted that Kmeaw says you can run any Kernel on it and it's coded with psl1ght, awesome work as always Kmeaw...
    Last edited by condorstrike; 02-05-2011 at 12:46 AM

A couple of Qs:

1. Since AsBestOs loader does not support WiFi yet, I guess we have to use an ethernet connection on the PS3 side? What about the linux machine? Does it have to be connected wired, or could be wireless?

2. The requirement of eth0 to be 192.168.2.1, which is the ip address of the machine running the linux box. I am using ubuntu running as a client inside the Vmware Workstation, could this pose a problem? Could the ip address be adjusted? Sounds like now it's being hardcoded?

Banned User
    So this doesn't actually run Linux, it links to another PC with Linux running on it?

I'm still unsure what it really does and if it'll be anything like OtherOS where you had a standalone Linux installed on your PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    So this doesn't actually run Linux, it links to another PC with Linux running on it?

I'm still unsure what it really does and if it'll be anything like OtherOS where you had a standalone Linux installed on your PS3.
    I think it boots a network image into memory, kinda interesting. I think Graf is working on a native install option if I am reading correctly. Should be good. Hopefully this is just friendly competition between projects.

great job!!!!!
    thanks boss for sharing and the devs also for their hard work!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News